New Lucas synthetic oil at Pep Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
 -

I watched this car race a couple weeks ago, if he uses lucas in it, I wouldn't use it in a lawnmower.
He was one of the slower cars on our Dirt track in his group. Bloomquist spanked him and everyone else.

That is Earl Pearson Jr. I wouldn't call him slow. Those late models travel to alot of different tracks. It is very easy to miss on the setup once in a while or just plain out have a bad day. I work on a late model pit crew and know how easy it is. You can't win every race.

Bloomer is just fast wherever he goes. He has been racing alot longer then most of the guys out there that he races against.

I don't know how long Earl has been racing but i think it has only been a few years. The last 2 years he has won national championships.

quote:

Originally posted by 94Acclaim3.0:
That is Earl Pearson Jr. I wouldn't call him slow. Those late models travel to alot of different tracks. It is very easy to miss on the setup once in a while or just plain out have a bad day. I work on a late model pit crew and know how easy it is. You can't win every race.

Bloomer is just fast wherever he goes. He has been racing alot longer then most of the guys out there that he races against.

I don't know how long Earl has been racing but i think it has only been a few years. The last 2 years he has won national championships.

I don't know much about him lol. We just started raceing dirt track. Nothing as fancy and expensive as the late models.

We run Hobby Stock at Bull's Gap, got the joy of pitting beside Bloomerkist. People gather to watch him unload his car from the trailer.

True about track conditions, the Gap was bad that weekend. Mostly due to track prep.

I wanted to see Jimmy Owens #20 race but people said he got out, looked at the track, loaded up and left.

Bull's Gap is Bloomers home track. I just wanted to see if Owens had what it takes to hang.

Hype for hopefulls. Those spec are either non-applicable or out-of-date. MB 229.1...VW 506....gimmie a break.

Anyone find out who is making this for them? I wonder if it's another LZ blend? $7.99qt

Mickey, even if they did no one here would ever see the results, just pass/fail. API quals are just a marketing tool sold as raising quality but used in effect to limit the players in the market to the heavy handed and rich.

(XOM) is a good example and their formulas are still currently mediocre relative to the retail cost of their M1 premium oils.

When you see a smaller lube marketer like Lucas sponsor all those series its just a matter of time before they go bankrupt. Synergyn our racing sponsor was eaten alive by that kind of thing and it sure wasn't us in IMSA/ProSportsCar/Oldmobile that did it to them!

Bankrupt? How irresponsible of you to even suggest that. Do you know their financial's? I doubt it. Why ding your objectivity/credibility over this issue?
Ax to grind or just cant stand their success? Unreal

I know Lucas very popular in Eastern Europe, no doubt they make few billions euro’s on sales every year.

tenderloin, I have no insight into their financials. Nor would I intend to cast a poor light on that aspect of any company. Sorry to leave you with that kind of impression.

I have experience running a professional auto race team and when I see a smaller formulator go out with gobs of cash sponsorship like that most get toasted.

Nextel is getting smoked and dragging Sprint with them, Synergyn did the same, on and on. Auto racing sponsorship has a loud sucking sound and its not from HP development but the pressure differential of sucking cash out of everyones pockets! Including the participants.

I have nothing against Lucas or any other product that chooses to do the same thing.

Guess you didn't read the post one of my customers shared here last year using ucas syn oil in a noisy GM 6.0 V8 and my recommendation to continue since the UOA was solid. Von was amazed at how even handed I was when it comes to technical aspects of PERFORMANCE of a lubricant using analysis.

Take a deep breath and relax. I am a professional but I can have opinions based on observation as a racer too.

I try to come here to "let down a bit".. please do the same.
cheers.gif

Called Lucas today. They blend all their products including their full synthetic oil. At $7.99qt I think it will be short lived much like RL at Advanced Auto. They simply don't have the name recognition Mobil 1 has.

They do hand out gobs of $$$.
A local racer running in the street stock class recieved $10,000.00 from them to have the really big decal on his car.
Didn't win any races....but sure looked good out there with that big logo.
They are leveraging themselves pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back