Anyone use PepBoys for oil changes?

Many moons ago I had Pep Boys do an alignment. They did an excellent job. If it was me, I'd go to that location and observe for a bit and maybe talk to a few of the techs. Go from there.

Hi!
There’s a pep boys a couple blocks away from my job. They quoted me ~$35 for a Quaker state “conventional” oil change and tire rotation on my 2007 v6 Toyota 4runner with 185k miles. This would be very convenient for me and the price is fantastic.

Anyone have experience with them or the basic Quaker state oil? Can I run that oil out to 5-6k miles safely?
While I was sitting in a Pep Boys waiting room a few weeks ago while having tires installed, a younger guy came in for an oil change. He was quoted $117.00 for a Pennzoil synthetic oil and filter change. He had a coupon so he ended up paying $87.75 plus tax plus a disposal fee so it came to slightly less than $100.00
While not denying that Pep Boys has a right to make money, when I change my own oil, it costs me between $35-$40 (for synthetic) and my time. Since I have three cars in my care, every round of oil changes, I save about $180.00 and have the peace of mind knowing it was done properly.
That said, $35.00 for Quaker State does sound like a good deal but be prepared for the up-sell and the time spent in the waiting room. Pretty sure you'll need brakes once they pop those tires off to do the rotation!

I have done all my own maintenance since I was 15 years old. So, have a fleet Ford Escape for work. We have to take it to Midas or Jiffy lubes etc. I use a Mavis they just opened near my neighborhood. The store manager is a female and she runs that place tight. I watch closely and they have always done everything they're supposed to. Some of these places do good work, some are awful.

While I was sitting in a Pep Boys waiting room a few weeks ago while having tires installed, a younger guy came in for an oil change. He was quoted $117.00 for a Pennzoil synthetic oil and filter change. He had a coupon so he ended up paying $87.75 plus tax plus a disposal fee so it came to slightly less than $100.00
While not denying that Pep Boys has a right to make money, when I change my own oil, it costs me between $35-$40 (for synthetic) and my time.
Yeah, that is the cost of doing business and the cost of convenience for the consumer. Pep Boys, and other places, have to take into account more factors than we do with overhead costs. Employees, taxes, equipment, licenses, electricity, utilities, just the name a few. $100 for a full synthetic oil change is actually pretty reasonable once you take into account all the costs associated.

Back