New FUCHS Oil Formulation (XTL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
FUCHS is supposedly factory fill for some euro manufacturers. IIRC my BMW had their stuff as it had little to no zinc.

Same for VAG cars.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Same for VAG cars.

It used to be, but is not any more. At least in Polkowice, Poland engines manufactory Fuchs was replaced by Castrol for FF.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Originally Posted By: Izb
You can found (latest XTL) TDS and MSDS on canadian site:
http://www.tunecanada.com/lubricants/fuc..._premium_oil_4l

No up-to-date info here other than the 08.04.2011 MSDS which still doesn't provide much othe than a KV40 of 45.6cSt for the 0W-20.
Member Primus is on top of the most recent PDS info (as limited as it is) on the FUCHS XTL 0W-20 if you want to PM him.

CATERHAM; Is the "Pro Race" 0W-20 the same brew as the 0W-20 GT1 XTL, and if not, WHICH one is the 176(?) VI, VII-less formula???
21.gif

Fuchs Silkolene Pro R 4T 0W-20 is a bike oil; don't know much about it other than it is also ester based.
FUCHS Titan GT-1 XTL 0W-20 is a race tested car oil that's ester based, VII and Zn free with a 173 VI.

Fuchs Silkolene Pro R 4T 0W-20 is a bike oil; don't know much about it other than it is also ester based.
FUCHS Titan GT-1 XTL 0W-20 is a race tested car oil that's ester based, VII and Zn free with a 173 VI.

THANKS!
thumbsup2.gif

It is very interesting to compare Fuchs GT1 0W-20 and Redline 0W-20...

Yes they are sort of similar, both being ester based, VII free, shear stable oils. FUCHS is somewhat lighter with a HTHSV of about 2.8cP and higher 173 VI vs 3.0cP and 166 VI for RL. Consiquently the FUCHS oil is a heavy 20wt oil while RL 0W-20 is better thought of as a light 30wt.
Of course RL contains a boat load of Zn and FUCHS contains none plus FUCHS has a lower 6-7% NOACK vs 9% for RL. FUCHS will therefore be more freindly to emmission control systems such as catalytic converters.
The advantage of RL 0W-20 here in NA is that it's readily available and much cheaper than FUCHS Titan GT-1 0W-20.
That's likely not the case in Europe and the rest of the world

CATERHAM; do you know the moly, boron, calcium, and magnesium content of the Fuchs brew (and the TBN for that matter)??

It seems like a good 0W-20 to mix with a heavy, but high VI, 0W-40 (RL/300V/etc.) for my summer OCI. (And yes I know the 300V Trophy does NOT possess all that high a VI.
wink.gif
)

dailydriver, the following is a recent UOA on the latest XTL version of the FUCHS 0W-20 that will give the elemental analysis:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...784#Post2783784

I would be reluctant to mix this oil due to it's unique Zn free ester based chemistry. Years ago FUCHS ran this oil in the Porsche Cup racing series (400+ hp GT3 cars) so I would consider running it straight in your Z28 as long as you can maintain say 45 psi of OP. On the street I'm sure your OP would not be below 50 psi.

Years ago FUCHS ran this oil in the Porsche Cup racing series (400+ hp GT3 cars) so I would consider running it straight in your Z28 as long as you can maintain say 45 psi of OP. On the street I'm sure your OP would not be below 50 psi.

Was that just for qualifying, or was it for the full length regular races, or even whatever enduros that spec class ran???

Also, since the addpack is pitiful, WHAT exactly are they using for the AW function, the 9233 KetJenlube esters, or something else??
21.gif

Yes the oil was run in full length races for a number of years.

I certainly wouldn't call the add' pac' "pitiful" it's simply not the conventional lubrication approach.
As far as the AW additives are concerned we don't know what FUCHS is using but it is very effective.
This is FUCHS flagship product.

I am not sure, that XTL uses GTL base oils.
(There is only Pennzoil Ultra API SN based on GTL oils)

Last edited:
I am not sure, that XTL uses GTL base oils.
(There is only Pennzoil Ultra API SN based on GTL oils)

XTL uses ester base oils, not PAO or GTL.

Source?

As I undestand "The unique formulation combines fully synthetic esters with XTL- base oils ......" means ester+XTLbaseoils.
Especcially 5W-30 oils, which contain no esters (or may be p.s. I suppose that XTL=VHVI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back