Need to find an oil substitute to lubricate cat

Status
Not open for further replies.
pressure washer pump. lol. Anyway we have a pressure washer at work with a cat pump model 340. It has a label on there that says to oil the pump every month. Now no one else at work cares to oil the pump and they certainly arent going to pay for the right oil. The pump has been in use for a couple months now and has not been lubricated yet. Being a bitog type of guy its killing me that no one can be bothered to oil a necessary piece of equipment that gets used all day every day. I am not going to use my hard earned income to pay for the right oil so I would like to know what could I use as a substitute that I would have on hand at home. It looks like the pump oil is an iso 68 non detergent anti wear oil. I have some sb rated nd30 at home. Would that be a good substitute? I hope this is an appropriate sub forum. I couldnt find one for pressure washers.

Last edited:
You're supposed to put butter on their paws for something, but I can't remember what.

Maybe just to [censored] them off.

Oil needs to be changed in the CAT pump CAT pump oil is highly recommend and only one I would use I'd use the same oil for the droppers.

Originally Posted By: dave123
Oil needs to be changed in the CAT pump CAT pump oil is highly recommend and only one I would use I'd use the same oil for the droppers.

+1. No idea why but Ive specifically heard that for CAT pumps too. Sort of like Honda PSF.

Originally Posted By: LotI
Amsoil compressor oil would also be a good choice.

Amsoil
Have tried it not a fan always wanted to foam CAT is what you want can be picked up at Home Depot.

I know I could buy the right oil but I an not putting any money into this. I want to know what the best oil for the task would be that I might have on hand

Routine maintenance that should be done by maintenance it's like any other shop maintenance company doesn't perform it or care not your problem you start doing something and is not approved by manufacturer it could be blamed on you if failure occurs do it right or not at all.

Originally Posted By: joegreen
I know I could buy the right oil but I an not putting any money into this. I want to know what the best oil for the task would be that I might have on hand
Your company would not reimburse you $10 ,for buying the correct oil so you could properly maintain a piece of equipment that cost a couple hundred dollars?.,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back