Husky 555 bar oil passages still clogging.

I am embarrased with myself that I cannot diagnose this issue. I am throwing in the towel and letting the shop / warranty figure it out. Unless anyone has some suggestions.

It is has the factory husky branded bar, and factory husky chain (that is nice and sharp). Does not matter what brand of oil, husky, tractor supply, oregon, or rural king. I even drilled out the oil holes in the bar one drill size bigger. I also folded up some sand paper and polished the inside of the bar groove near the oil holes. If you start the engine with the bar removed the oil pump has no problem pumping out the oil. One local shop says its supposed to have a high pressure oil pump to be able to overcome the bar, but I have no way to test that theory or to do a comparison.

Sure seems like excessive effort on a new saw, I would let them figure it out as well.
My neighbor has a tree service, big operation, and he uses canola oil exclusively.

Sure seems like excessive effort on a new saw, I would let them figure it out as well.
My neighbor has a tree service, big operation, and he uses canola oil exclusively.
+1

Let them figure it out under warranty. I saw this once, and the fix was to replace the oil pump. It would pump oil with no bar, but not really the volume it should have, and the bar/chain was noticeably dry.

I have a few suggestions.
One way to tell if your saw is putting out enough oil is to hold the tip of your saw about 2" away from a piece of wood or cardboard, full throttle for only a second or 2, let off throttle, repeat 4 or 5 times. You should see a spray pattern on the cardboard.
Make sure you have the proper bar on the saw, because they do make different mount sizes that can fit on the same saw. If the oil hole does not line up properly it will not oil.
Make sure the oiler adjustment is turned up all the way, this is on the bottom side of the saw, or read the owners manual to find oiler adjustment. Are the rails on the bar turning blue from overheating, if not, the saw might be oiling enough.
Maintenance tip: about every 10th tank before you fill up, dump the remaining oil out. There will be saw dust and chips in the oil.
Good luck, if this doesn't help take it back to the dealer for warrantee.

Well.......I would have never thought. It took the dealer a while but they traced it to the oil pump supply hose. I guess it was kinked where it passed thru the case. After they replaced it, I put 2 hrs on it and it did not clog again. It oils very well now, not that it didnt before, it just clogged all the time.

The 5 weeks they have had it, I got to put some time on my 350 husky and did I ever miss the power that the 555 had hidden inside that small case. Makes the 350 seem like a kids toy.

Back