Pressure Washer Pump Sealed for Life? Annovi Reverberi RMV Pump

I just got a basic gas pressure washer which came with an Annovi Reverberi RMV series pump, which I believe is one of their basic low end units. To my surprise there is no oil plug, and on reading the manual it suggests that no oil change is necessary.

If one were to change the oil, the head has to be pulled and there's a tiny plug where the oil would be filled. It's such a tiny plug, I don't even think one could readily drain the oil out easily. In addition to that, the pump uses a fancy AR branded synthetic oil instead of a simple gear or ND oil.

So what's everyone's thoughts? Should I just leave it as is for it's lifetime? I always thought Annovi Reverberi was supposed to be considered a top tier manufacturer, but this sealed design has me suspicious. My last pump failed when the oil/water seals started to go bad and water would get in the oil. Atleast with an oil plug, one could tell when the water was in the oil. With this design, you almost would never know.

Most vertical engine pressure washers have cheap sealed for life pumps. For homeowner use, they really aren't as bad as everyone says. My first one lasted 10 years, and I replaced the pump for $99 in about 30 minutes taking my time. Just make sure you use pump saver before storing it, and keep the unloader valve clean (there are youtube videos on how to do it) and it should last.

Obviously if you did pressure washing as a commercial business you would want a heavier piece of equipment, but there are guys on this forum who will tell you that the only ones you should consider are the high end washers that cost $2000+, which is completely unnecessary for a homeowner. Take care of your pump and it will last.

Use it until it fails. My cheap Simpson pressure washer has an OEM brand pump that also isn’t serviceable. A replacement is $100.

I’m not worried about it. The key is to avoid excessive idle time without water flowing through the pump. Sometimes I still do it though.

Use it until it fails. My cheap Simpson pressure washer has an OEM brand pump that also isn’t serviceable. A replacement is $100.

I’m not worried about it. The key is to avoid excessive idle time without water flowing through the pump. Sometimes I still do it though.
+1

If I remember correctly I think the manual for my pump said no longer than 30 seconds.

I just got a basic gas pressure washer which came with an Annovi Reverberi RMV series pump, which I believe is one of their basic low end units. To my surprise there is no oil plug, and on reading the manual it suggests that no oil change is necessary.

If one were to change the oil, the head has to be pulled and there's a tiny plug where the oil would be filled. It's such a tiny plug, I don't even think one could readily drain the oil out easily. In addition to that, the pump uses a fancy AR branded synthetic oil instead of a simple gear or ND oil.

So what's everyone's thoughts? Should I just leave it as is for it's lifetime? I always thought Annovi Reverberi was supposed to be considered a top tier manufacturer, but this sealed design has me suspicious. My last pump failed when the oil/water seals started to go bad and water would get in the oil. Atleast with an oil plug, one could tell when the water was in the oil. With this design, you almost would never know.
What's it look like?
When I search Annovi Reverberi RMV the same pump I have comes up.
On mine the drain and fill plug is hidden under the pump head.
I just put mobil1 75w-90 gear oil in it.
I bought it in 2014, changed the oil in 2017 and 2022.

Last edited:
What's it look like?
When I search Annovi Reverberi RMV the same pump I have comes up.
On mine the drain and fill plug is hidden under the pump head.
I just put mobil1 75w-90 gear oil in it.
I bought it in 2014, changed the oil in 2017 and 2022.

The RMV pumps appears to all be the same with maybe variations in material. Brass is the slightly better material over aluminum in terms of corrosion resistance.

I couldn't find any instructions on how to change the oil in it. Is it pretty straight forward to pull that plug out and dump the oil? No where does it state how much volume is required. Even though the manual insists on using the AR branded synthetic fluid, I'm guessing it's probably not a big deal to go with a ND motor oil, or gear oil instead when the time comes.

In mine after several years of use there was only about an ounce left. That didn't seem like enough so I put about 3 ounces back in. Been working fine.

+1

If I remember correctly I think the manual for my pump said no longer than 30 seconds.
Even my cheap harbor freight pump has a temp based cooling valve. On hot days in the summer you can see and feel it put out a squirt of warm, not hot water evey minute or so. Humm harbor freight more advanced.
Rod

People might want to reconsider why they are buying a pressure washer in the first place. While good for sidewalks and driveways they are too much pressure for the house. Maybe aluminum gutters. Anything wood or vinyl or stucco should be softwashed where a chemical does the cleaning vs high pressure water.

High pressure water can damage house exterior surfaces and/or get water behind exterior surfaces.

Back