Need new tires for my PT Cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
My '02 PT will need new tires soon. The OEM Goodyear 205/55-16 RA's have 41,000 miles on them. They are not my first choice for replacments.

I'm open to suggestions from the field. I'm looking for the following in a new tire:

1-Excellent wet weather traction(I don't like to slow down when it rains)

2-Tire has to have very good turn in crispness as well as very good overall handling feel.

3-Noise level, Does not have to be the quietess. But I don't want to put up with more than is needed.

4-Ride quality is not really important. I don't want Fred Flintstone tires but some stiffness is OK.

5-Tire tread wear, at least 40,000 miles.

My other cars are a '95 BMW M3 and a '04 VW R32. So you can see where I'm coming from. I already know what tires to put on those cars but for my PT which is our daily driver I'm a little unsure tire wise.

OK lets see what turns up. Thanks to all for any input.

David

www.tirerack.com

yokohoma makes agood tire. The survey results show how other prople rated any of the tires on tirerack.
patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by edvanp:
My vote is: BFGoodrich's Traction T/A

either the traction T/A V or H, or the Bridgestone Potenza RE950. Both of those are excellent tires. I'm running the RE950 on three vehicles in the family, and they are an excellent tire. The 205/55/16 in the RE950 even have a built in rim protector lip. Costco carries both tires. These tires are directional, however.

Are you looking for an all season compound or summer only?

For an all season I too would suggest giving Yokohamas a try. We put a set of Yoko Avid Touring on my wife's Taurus and I was very impressed with their performance. Both dry and wet weather handling were dramatically improved with little to no road noise and a slight increase in ride firmness. My father now uses the car and they are wearing very evenly and look like they should easily go 50,000 miles.

Check out the Yoko AVS dB S2
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...ch=false&partnum=055WR6DBS2&fromCompare1=yes.

Another highly rated all season is the Continental Conti-Extreme Contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back