Nascar at Lemans

From what I was told a Nascar team back in the 70's? Thought they'd show those Europeans what a "real" racecar is like. I think it lasted 4-5 hours before it retired.
The Junie Donlavey race team faired longer than
your 4-5 hour window
Ran for about 12 hours. The reason the big Ford V-8 didn’t run long was due to OCTANE
The gasoline octane supplied was much lower than what the engine was built for so YES
The engines didn’t survive .

Okay, spoke to my source in NASCAR. They're running the same oil they do in NASCAR races. They ran the 24 hours of Daytona back 15 years ago on 0W-20.
The oils these race teams run are so far off the chart from what we normal oil users run everyday is like comparing a Yugo to a NASA rocket.
The oils they will run for the 24 Hour LeMan
Will be off the chart good !!!!!👍👍👍

The Junie Donlavey race team faired longer than
your 4-5 hour window
Ran for about 12 hours. The reason the big Ford V-8 didn’t run long was due to OCTANE
The gasoline octane supplied was much lower than what the engine was built for so YES
The engines didn’t survive .
That is exactly what the Olympia Beer Dodge Charger team reported as the reason they melted down the pistons in the original and replacement engines during their very short runs on the track.

The oils these race teams run are so far off the chart from what we normal oil users run everyday is like comparing a Yugo to a NASA rocket.
The oils they will run for the 24 Hour LeMan
Will be off the chart good !!!!!👍👍👍
Someone asked Todd Gordon one night on The Late Shift. He said they would get bottles from Roush-Yates with the oil to use at the track with no labels. So they literally had no clue what they were putting in.

An engineer for the car was on a a Podcast a week or so ago, she eluded that the car uses a significant amount of oil and that they will be adding oil every 2hours (I think) she said.

Some of the NASCAR guys were running a 0w5 to qualify and full race on 0w20's and that was like 15 years ago.

2B41C458-8A79-4B4E-8272-5634565069CF.jpeg

The Camaro just dwarfs everything else. I love it!

Compared to the Hypercar and LMP2 field it is a giant. It fits right in with the GTE cars though. I love the way it sounds. Cadillac has a Hypercar that sounds just like it but I have no idea what engine it's running.

Compared to the Hypercar and LMP2 field it is a giant. It fits right in with the GTE cars though. I love the way it sounds. Cadillac has a Hypercar that sounds just like it but I have no idea what engine it's running.
It's using the GM 5.5 Liter LT6 DOHC flat plane crank V8 Engine, the same engine that is used in the Corvette C8-R.

"The decision was made after three days of testing and practice gave clear evidence that the Le Mans-prepped, seventh-generation NASCAR Cup Series vehicle was capable of a pace several seconds quicker than what the GTE cars were capable of."

This is going to be great!! I just hope it can stay together for the full 24 Hours.

Back