My neighbor storage his oil filter with oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find out my neighbor is a bit crazy, mabe he got his point but I dont question him, anyway he storage his 2 oil filter, and fill with oil and put a zip lock bag over it and put back in the box, he say he alway prime the filter with a bit oil and let it soak into filter media and put zip lock bag over it and storage it.

but dint that make filter media break down over time ? and btw he hate fram
smile.gif

Interesting idea. Surely would not have any rust inside if they were stored too long. Would think the media can take the oil soaking, after all, it is on the car for 6 months or so and under pressure when running. But I suspect the filter company would not advise storing filter filled.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
I just find out my neighbor is a bit crazy,

That about sums it up right there.

I agree, I can see put a little oil on gasket and storage it, but not soak filter with oil before storage. I dint question him, because I was thinking " his car his problem " and I want keep the peace between neighbor , so I dint not tell him, his idea is dumb
smile.gif

Perhaps he views his stash of filters like ammo, why store empty shells when you can "load them" and they are ready to throw on the engine. Maybe OCD but not crazy?

We just move here in the neighbor hood, so no drama hehe,I dont know " how soon he be using the oil filter", but that the first thing I see any body ever doing it.

Putting it in a zip lock bag can't be all that bad, keep any dust or junk from maybe falling into the open filter.

Keeping it full of oil sounds like a complete mess waiting to happen.

does it really? why is it a problem? does the media break down over a 3 year period?

Sounds messy but probably not detrimental to the filter in any way. If he wants to store 'em full, why not? They're his filters.

Of all the kooky things neighbors do, this one is about #358,723,094,803,498 on the list to worry about.

Originally Posted By: scurvy
Sounds messy but probably not detrimental to the filter in any way. If he wants to store 'em full, why not? They're his filters.

Of all the kooky things neighbors do, this one is about #358,723,094,803,498 on the list to worry about.

that is what I say " his car his problem " I just say " ok cool " to stay in peace and move on with life.

and I also want is filter ever break down while soak in oil over time. I seen a car storage for 15 years, crank it up, drive around town, go home change the oil and filter, then cut the filter open and it look normal.

Wow ! This guy is nuts ! My neighbors think I'm crazy because I like to 'age' the distillled for two years before I use it for my radiator flush. This is important, don't you think? Lol ! FWIW--Oldtommy

Originally Posted By: 2oldtommy
Wow ! This guy is nuts ! My neighbors think I'm crazy because I like to 'age' the distillled for two years before I use it for my radiator flush. This is important, don't you think? Lol ! FWIW--Oldtommy

you crazy also, we all do in some way haha

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Since you just moved into the neighborhood, I believe you should consider that.....

wt [censored] is that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back