My current "additive" stash....

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very humble little stash, but these are the only ones that I and the 4.6L in my Tbird like right now...I think it'll stay that way.
The oil for the 6 winter months will be (very probably) MC 10/30 or TropArctic 10/30 with a "splash" of the add's below...and FP in gas, of course.

-

My additives include:

Synpower Oil Treatment, 4 15 oz bottles
STP 6000-mile Oil Extender, 2 15 oz bottles
Redline oil (various grades), many quarts
Schaeffer's Neutra

Check out the thread on Powerservice Diesel Lube Oil Extender in the VOA forum. Stuff looks mighty good.

FP
LC
Neutra
AutoRX
Shaeffers 132
The trial of each of which was propted by this forum. Also have a few gallons of Specialty Formulations custom brewed ATF awaiting a date with my "race" car.

No lc huh

Mine has a bunch of stuff but the only stuff worth mentioning is,
4 gallons of FP
2 gallons of LC
tons of Techron
no auto-rx
frown.gif

MMO
hopefully some VSOT soon too

Synergyn oil treatment, Schaffer 132,LC,FP,Valvoline oil treatment,ARX,Amsoil engine flush and Techron. Large amounts of each If you count RL a case of it too.
shocked.gif

sorry after seeing that pic of our old bottle and lable I had to post a pic of our new bottle and lable. Maybe it's just me, but that old label was terrible!

-

1 bottle Chevron Techron
AutoRX in engine - 600 miles into rinse phase
5 litres Castrol GTX 5W30
5 litres Castrol CTX 10W30
12 litres Esso XD-3 Extra, 0W30, synthetic

sx-up 6 bottles
4 bottles valvoline synpower oil tx.
2 cases schaeffers #132
2 gals neutra
1.5 gals. lube control
1 gal sfr gashol oil additive
16 oz.luboron
3 cans problends engine tx.
4 bottles synergen oil treatment

sounds like i have a store here...lol

Lube Control LC20 FP60

Auto-RX

Chevron Techron

Redline SI-1 Complete Fuel System Cleaner

Redline Diesel Fuel Catalyst

Valvoline Complete Fuel System Treatment

Valvoline Synpower Oil Treatment

I use Redline motor oils and gear and tranny lubes and I think that they are fantastic.

I haven't tried running Redline motor oil as an 'additive' but it is an interesting idea.

I have tried various additives and supplements but today all I use is Auto-RX, Gummout Regane in the clear bottle, Bar's Leaks, and I still believe in Lubegard products but I have not tried any in a long time.

I got a big bottle of the Lucas Fuel stuff, Sta-bil, a couple bottles of "Racer's Edge" STP (thin w/ lots of ZDDP). Pretty skimpy. I use the STP mixed with HDEO when I'm breaking in newly rebuilt small engines.

Last edited:
Gosh...where do I start....

16-17 (can't remember and I'm at work) bottles of arx
35 or so bottles of CD-2 75k+ oil additive
50 or so bottles of SLOB
4 bottles of VSOT
2 bottles CD-2 oil detergent (never plan to use)
3 bottles of CD-2 oil stabilizer (Lucas-like goo that I use to lube hinges sometimes!)
1 bottle of Neutra 131 (last of a 20 bottle case)
1 qt of Rislone (bought out of boredom w/no real intent to use)
1 bottle of Gunk engine flush (ditto!)
1 can of Berryman B-12 Chemtool (CC cleaning)

Then there's my homebrew chemistry set....
1 quart of toluene
1 quart of methyl ethyl ketone
1 quart of denatured ethyl alcohol
1 quart of gum turpentine

My gosh, Brian, keep it down. Homeland Security will be paying a visit. (psst! Don't let on about the fertilizer-shhhh).

You mean, like the fertilizer that my 2 cases of Pennzoil HM 10W40 is resting next to?
LOL.gif

Yeah, I tend to go overboard sometimes. I'm afraid with the increase in income lately that things will only get worse.
banana2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back