My Civic has HIDs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: johnachak
Originally Posted By: wsar10
HID bulbs are cheaper to replace than halogens.

What???
The HID's for my car are $180 EACH!

YOu could have replaced your whole HID setup for that,

than again your probably paying for whatever connector is on the end of the bulb that matches your OE ballast,
My current bulbs in my WJ cost 26$ shipped and I was VERY SKEPTICAL, but I have est 1000hrs on them so far and alot of that being offroad bashing in the mud and wetness. the last bulbs were around 60 shipped and I'm not sure how long thay lasted, but noe IO attempt to keep track.

and trust me IDC what name is on that bulb it cost .50 to produce and it came from china.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HID-Bulb-Replacements-Pair

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac

If you're not getting people flashing their high beams at you, why not keep them until they burn out.

FWIW, I went for a drive on country roads well after dark last night (and there were no street lights on most of the route), and a lot of other cars passing in the opposite direction. I must have had 50 cars pass me in the other direction and not a single one of them flashed their high beams at me, so these lights don't seem to be bothering anyone. I'm impressed with how well they light up the road ahead of me, much better than anything I've owned recently.

If you are worried about bulb blowing, keep a spare (or two) with you. They are dirt cheap if you know where to shop (eg ddmtuning)

- Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back