Parking lamp filament lasted only 3 months?

3 months ago, I did a mod on my Camaro RS to reconnect the parking lamp filaments on the turn signal bulb

The car has seperate LED DRL which also acts as the parking lamps. Thus, the wire for parking lamp filament on the bulb was left out, but the connectors are provisioned for it. I rewired the connector and everything worked as it should.

Now 3 months later, one of the parking lamp filaments burned out. This was a Sylvania 7444NA bulb installed 1 year ago. And the parking lamp filament was only powered for 3 months.

Why did a newish bulb burn out so quickly? Volts are a normal 12.8-14.7

3 months ago, I did a mod on my Camaro RS to reconnect the parking lamp filaments on the turn signal bulb

The car has seperate LED DRL which also acts as the parking lamps. Thus, the wire for parking lamp filament on the bulb was left out, but the connectors are provisioned for it. I rewired the connector and everything worked as it should.

Now 3 months later, one of the parking lamp filaments burned out. This was a Sylvania 7444NA bulb installed 1 year ago. And the parking lamp filament was only powered for 3 months.

Why did a newish bulb burn out so quickly? Volts are a normal 12.8-14.7
Not sure why, but I have horrible luck with Sylvania bulbs....

Try a different brand and see how it goes.

Back