Motorcycle Pic's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My garage is the Busy Little Shop... its where my fast friends hang
out with their exotic toys... me I just a dumb guy with
a Lathe and Mill...

2003 Harley-Davidson V-Rod VRSCA 100th Anniversary.
556238_3782529167017_1178910807_n.jpg

Yeah, I have been riding motorcycles since 1958. I got old and with 5 bulging disc in my back I got to where I could not throw my leg over a motorcycle. I wanted to keep riding so I got a step through scooter.

Well two years of hard exercise I got the back in decent shape and can ride motorcycles again so got the Honda Shadow. I really like this bike. Liquid cooled, fuel injected and shaft drive.

Originally Posted By: Lurch
Nice Kawis. I had an H2 just like that only mine was brown. Very fast bike, the 750cc two stroke triple was.

The '72 was the fastest year, the '73 was a tad slower....the '74 and later models were choked down with so many EPA restrictions that they were considerably slower than the first two year models....but yeah, generally speaking, the 750 triples were wicked fast...a high school buddy of mine had a '73 and he used to let me take it out during school...that bike would wheelie like a dirt bike in all 5 gears!

Originally Posted By: grampi
Nice Kawis. I had an H2 just like that only mine was brown. Very fast bike, the 750cc two stroke triple was.

The '72 was the fastest year, the '73 was a tad slower....the '74 and later models were choked down with so many EPA restrictions that they were considerably slower than the first two year models....but yeah, generally speaking, the 750 triples were wicked fast...a high school buddy of mine had a '73 and he used to let me take it out during school...that bike would wheelie like a dirt bike in all 5 gears!

I had a 1970 H1...it wailed like a Banshee!

Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
m_d2519fb2d60e1f540cd5a770d4771134.jpg

Man I love this one! I want to get something like this one day soon. I used to have a CR500.

Originally Posted By: ammolab
34rsr4n.jpg

2011 R1200R

Like the naked Boxer... rode one for a couple weeks and had an absolute blast on it.....

Originally Posted By: grampi

I had a 1970 H1...it wailed like a Banshee!

Me too...and I put velocity stacks and chambers on mine too...there wasn't a 750 (other than the H2) I couldn't beat...in fact, my neighbor at the time had a '74 Z-1 900 (stock) and my H1 would stay right next to him until we hit about 110, then he would start to pull away...

34rsr4n.jpg

2011 R1200R

Sweet!!

The current residents of my garage:

003-L.jpg

SAM_0174-L.jpg

002-L.jpg

And in case any one was wondering..... the airhead project is on hold but progress should be made soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back