Most long lasting key fob battery brand ?

Fresh lithium batteries that have not been contaminated with oil from a person's finger. Oil from a person's finger conducts electricity enough that it adds to the discharge of the battery, and shortens its life. The area to keep clean on the battery is the insulating between the two metal surfaces + and -

Last edited:
Used to think everything from Amazon was great, then I found that the watch batteries I was using and also the 2032's were only lasting 1/2 of what they should. Started buying the watch batteries and 2032's at a reputable place and lifespans returned to normal.

Don't know if the Amazon stuff was fake or if it was old stock, but not going to use them again.

Dunno what brand and type our Kia cars have but still on factory batteries 10 years now. Using one fob on each car, second fobs sit in a safe.

36 cents for a Toshiba on Ebay in sets of ten. Can't beat that for just one locally.

I got LiCB 2025s on Amazon for my VW. They wouldn't go 3 months without dying. After 2 years I had to dispose of all of them because right out of the package they wouldn't start the car. I now use Thunderbolt from Harbor Freight. I haven't had any trouble with them.

36 cents for a Toshiba on Ebay in sets of ten. Can't beat that for just one locally.

Japanese brand, price is right, but these are from China and are possibly knockoffs.

1714882731579.jpg

1714882753173.jpg

Amazonbasics are 75c each in a 10 pack while Duracells are $1.25 each in a 12 pack. I think the Duracells are worth the premium, but they have a bitterant coating that can interfere with some products

Costco Duracells but haven’t seen them lately so I opted for a fresh set from Wallyworld.

Back