Ford Removing Features from New Cars

Ford Removing Features from New Cars​

grumpy_cat_good.gif

This should make Ford vehicles more reliable.

I just want a car to be reliable transportation. No need for large screens and everything driven through touch screens with the need for software updates and security problems. I don't need my car to be connected to the internet. I have all the smarts I need in my smart phone. All these features do is allow today's drivers to dumb down their skills and attention levels.

I like a lot of the features, grown to like electric windows. Power steering can be nice, ABS a godsend.

Ya know, I might be more tempted to buy new cars more often if they were cheaper... you know, way less stuff on them, and cheaper for it. Drive for 5-10 years and dump. Just sayin', get below $20k and it becomes "affordable".

Oh well, there's no going back.

Car companies add features to pump up their profit in both margin and realized profit. And we keep buying them.
The last new pickup I bought was a '93 Toyota 4wd 22RE with just a little better interior than the plastic seat strippie. Loved that truck!
I am not holding my breath for a strippie pickup.

Sorry, what? remove the Monroney sticker?

Anymore with some dealers, may as well.
The amount of crazy, stupid add ons to maximize profit are astounding.
The fact that many people have to have instant gratification posthaste, just serves as a problem multiplier.
The solution: Just walk. They need you worse than you need them.
Rant over.

Back