Most durable (longest lasting) wax/sealant/etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what the owner of Duragloss told me. Nor does it confirm my results. Plus it says so on the bottle. But the company does use "polish" incorrectly when it calls #105 a polish.

If #101 didn't contain polishing agents then there would be no difference between #101 and #105. #105 contains chemical cleaners instead of polishing agents.

Whatever term you wish to use, DG 101 has chemical abrasives/cleaners, and will clean the paint. It's similar to KAIO, and is a synthetic all-in-one type product. You won't do major paint correction with this type of product.

DG 105 is more of a synthetic sealant -- with very mild cleaning.

Both work great.

Up until a few months ago of one my neighbors had a 86 white Caprice..He used nothing but Nu-Finish every 5 or 6 months..He used the liquid Nu-Finish..The original paint was still looking real good when he sold it..The car was never garaged..Nu-Finsh holds up well in Miami jungle sun.

Nu-Finish has great durability, its only knock is that it stains trim. I personally use both Duragloss 501 and Collinite 845 which last as long but don't stain trim.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
Whatever term you wish to use, DG 101 has chemical abrasives/cleaners, and will clean the paint. It's similar to KAIO, and is a synthetic all-in-one type product. You won't do major paint correction with this type of product.

DG 105 is more of a synthetic sealant -- with very mild cleaning.

Both work great.
Thanks for the explanation, thinking of trying one of them.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob
collinite 476s. apply thin. 2 coats.

THIS^^^^ after a good post-winter multi-step detail, and then their 845 IW as maintenance after that every 3 weeks to a month.

No offense, but applying something every 3 weeks doesn't strike me as a durable product.

Originally Posted By: D189379
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob
collinite 476s. apply thin. 2 coats.

THIS^^^^ after a good post-winter multi-step detail, and then their 845 IW as maintenance after that every 3 weeks to a month.

No offense, but applying something every 3 weeks doesn't strike me as a durable product.

It would (and HAS) last(ed) MUCH longer than that, but I am just a little too OCD (like the too-early oil changers on here) to let it go that long when I have the chance/opportunity to do it sooner than later (warm weather/shade from trees/time/etc.).

It lasts a LONG time during our VERY salty/dirty winters here (from my last waxing in ~mid October to the first post winter detail in ~late April-mid May, when it WAS still beading up very well).
wink.gif

Using IW845 every 3-4 weeks is extreme overkill, may be causing more harm than good. A beauty/paste wax may need to be applied that often in certain environments, but IW will easily last 3-4+ months. I would use 476 or IW845 as the base coat, and then top with DG AquaWax every 3-4 weeks.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
Using IW845 every 3-4 weeks is extreme overkill, may be causing more harm than good. A beauty/paste wax may need to be applied that often in certain environments, but IW will easily last 3-4+ months. I would use 476 or IW845 as the base coat, and then top with DG AquaWax every 3-4 weeks.

THANKS kkreit01!!
thumbsup2.gif

I will have to try that, and break my extreme, over-the-top OCD waxing habits!!
lol.gif

I had an older formula Zaino still beading water after a year, on a vehicle that was always parked outside, with no touch-ups. Pretty impressive. This was the stuff where you applied the first coat, and then applied a second coat over the first without wiping off the first coat. Kind of makes me wonder if their newer formulations will last this long.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back