More extreme apehangers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
" This guy doesn't belong on a sportbike - obviously..."

Possibly a Harley owner test riding something with a bit of power?

I can hear him now... "Weeers ma Hurley? Ahm skeerd o dis ting!!! Ya gonna finish dat?"

For your information that's Honda's top rated stunt rider.Rotund Ralphie's, has been credited with inventing the tail stand, and the stoppie. And now since he's lost some weight, he's been involved with Dunlaps excessive tire wear program.,,

Originally Posted By: boraticus
...Possibly a Harley owner test riding something with a bit of power?...

"Harley Envy:" Frequently displayed by wannabes who were turned down by Harley-Davidson Finance or the bank wouldn't take their single-wide as collateral. Such individuals always seem hostile and bitter and never fail to find opportunities to attempt ridicule and inject venom.

Originally Posted By: SWSportsman
...Possibly a Harley owner test riding something with a bit of power?...

"Harley Envy:" Frequently displayed by wannabes who were turned down by Harley-Davidson Finance or the bank wouldn't take their single-wide as collateral. Such individuals always seem hostile and bitter and never fail to find opportunities to attempt ridicule and inject venom.

Maybe he's Erik Buell...
grin2.gif

"Harley envy"? That's about the same as "head cold envy".

Since when is the truth considered as "venom"?

What kind or rear wheel horse power does a TC 88 engined HD make? Maybe 65 h.p. from an 88 cubic inch engine on an 750 lb. bike? Not exactly a great power to weight ratio. Any decent 600cc (37 cubic inches) makes around 120 h.p. on a sub 400 lb. machine.

Anyone who thinks stock Harleys are powerful haven't had much seat time on anything else.

Oops, here's another guy that forgot the laws of physics (or laws of ground clearance):

HarleyCrash2.jpg

Last edited:

What kind or rear wheel horse power does a TC 88 engined HD make? Maybe 65 h.p. from an 88 cubic inch engine on an 750 lb. bike? Not exactly a great power to weight ratio. Any decent 600cc (37 cubic inches) makes around 120 h.p. on a sub 400 lb. machine.

Anyone who thinks stock Harleys are powerful haven't had much seat time on anything else.

You make a true statement. But it's also true that Harley Riders don't really care about that. We like low end torque not 15,000 rpm power. To each his own and I support and consider ALL riders my brother/sister. We are in this hobby together and must stand together or else we all lose. I'm a Harley guy all the way. I've owned rice rockets too, but prefer my Harleys. But I don't alienate other brand riders and people like that are what gives us bad names.

Who says Harley can't make a "sport" bike? Looky here -- XR1200

Harley-Davidson_XR1_574786a.jpg

Now that's what I'm talkin' about !!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
....I don't alienate other brand riders and people like that are what gives us bad names...

GMBoy, I think you'll find that nearly all the motorcycle enthusiasts who post here feel the same way. There are, however, 3 or 4 who just don't get it. They probably married ugly women too and now just sit around and talk about how inadequate pretty women are.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
....I don't alienate other brand riders and people like that are what gives us bad names...

GMBoy, I think you'll find that nearly all the motorcycle enthusiasts who post here feel the same way. There are, however, 3 or 4 who just don't get it. They probably married ugly women too and now just sit around and talk about how inadequate pretty women are.

There are great Harley riders, and there are jerk Harley riders. There are great Metric riders and there are jerk Metric riders.

So what? Just don't act like yours is better and no prob. Don't stereotype and no prob. Not all sportbikers are squids and not all cruiser-riders are slobs. Get over it already.

Ride on...

..."Harley envy"? That's about the same as "head cold envy"....

Denial is also a common trait of the angst-filled wannabes. Usually accompanied by, "I can afford to buy any bike I want, but I chose ______."

Denial is also a common trait of the angst-filled wannabes. Usually accompanied by, "I can afford to buy any bike I want, but I chose ______."

A fresh one returns from the mother ship!

See? He is saying that his is more expensive than yours. thus better.

If expensive was it I'll take a new Duke.

Never understood the Harley mania, but I love them all the same.

Just don't mistake them for a high performance bike.

My neighbor has one all hopped up with 5500 bucks worth of big bore, high lift cams, custom tuned horse power and I beat him easy...

with my 4 door luxury car!

When Harelys are a dime a dozen, as they are now, I don't see much substance to his claim. Anyone with a few grand laying around could have a Harely. So what?

I can't see myself owning or riding any machine that's a semi religious idol for such a bizarre following. Don't want to be even vaguely affiliated with that scene.

I'd be willing to bet that if Harley Davidsons were built exactly as they are now but called "Hoki Dukisan", present Harley riders wouldn't be riding them and would be bad mouthing that brand too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back