Monster Garage Builds Rice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by kansaisubaru:

quote:

There's no way in **** a turbo civic is going to eat a blown V8. Not unless you've got the turbo turned high the engine will last for 4 minutes. And even then...unlikely. I don't disagree that 4 bangers can be fast, however, when comparing apples to apples - that is, the same modifications - a 4 banger will NEVER be faster. Not gonna happen.

Maybe you should go to more races between turbo 4 cycls vs. super-charged V8s. I've seen +600hp 4 cycls before. And remember, 4 cycls are lighter in weight, esp. with all the carbon fiber mods that ricers have.

The same can be said about V8's. I have seen street leagle Corvette's and Vipers with over 1000hp and tq to match. A few months ago on Ebay there was a 1969(IIRC) Camaro with 1,200 hp.

Anyway you cut it 8 cylinders will always have more potential then 4 and CI will always be king, no arguing that. So in the end the fastest Civic will never be faster then the fastest Corvette.

I must agree with the final comment. But, there are just many faster Civics than faster Corvettes. When is the last time you saw a Corvette on the street with a turbo and carbon fiber? After all, people like to customize the Civic and the like (for some reason, I'm the wrong guy to ask
wink.gif
)

quote:

There's no way in **** a turbo civic is going to eat a blown V8. Not unless you've got the turbo turned high the engine will last for 4 minutes. And even then...unlikely. I don't disagree that 4 bangers can be fast, however, when comparing apples to apples - that is, the same modifications - a 4 banger will NEVER be faster. Not gonna happen.

When it comes to driver vs driver, the ricer will usually loose too, because usually they have alot more attitude than sense.

That is type of attitude that causes alot of people to lose races and alot ALOT of MONEY $$.

[ May 26, 2004, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: RH+G ]

I think it's safe to say that there are many more faster Vettes on the road then Civics. Most Civics are not modified and the ones that are modded right and are true beasts are far and few between. Carbon fiber and body kits add HP like "boy racer" stickers do and fiber glass is pretty light already. Corvettes come out of the Factory 3 times more powerfull then a Civic. Take a Civic and a Vette equaly modded(Twin turbo, Super charger whatever) and the Vette will always be the faster car.

It is not fair to compair a Civic to a Corvette as the Vette is a world class car and is much more refined beginning life with a HUGE difference in potential. I'd say a Mustang or Camaro would be a better compairson but then they still start life with a V8 too and will have the upper hand also.
Civics can be made to be very fast just like any car can be but Honda designed them as cheep ecconomical transportation and not race cars.

My neighbor has one! Never raced him as I don't really know him at all. I'm confident my LS1 will eat him up though!
grin.gif
patriot.gif

How does he have a Type-R in the USA? I am talking about Honda factory turbo (I believe available only in Europe and Japan, not here), not those ricers that throw turbos under the hood and then put "Type-R" badges on their car. I've even sadly seen a Ford Mustang with Nissan Skyline "GT-R" badges on his car. A very confused boy, I imagine.

I just went out side to see if I could see the car. It looks just like a "premeium" Civic. I don't see to many of these around. It might be a Acura RSX??? I can only get with in 50 ft or so from his garage. My bad!
dunno.gif

I like import and American cars but their are two different worlds when you are trying to hook them up. That is what keeps the races going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back