Have You Ever Found Groceries ?

I'm normally the guy that leaves the stuff.

Yesterday I made it to the car and was unloading before I realized that I left a giant pack of paper towels and an xbox controller at the BJ's self checkout...

I left some (6 I think) 2.5 foot long - round concrete stakes (you know with the nail holes for forms) on a large flat cart at Home Depot. I had to load lumber, blocks, concrete from top of cart on my truck, then jumped in and drove home. I guess I was tired, done.

Went back, long gone. No turn in. Had to buy more. Ugg.

I once had this girlfriend who would pinch groceries out of people's unattended shopping carts. A bag of apples, some steaks, I remember a large cabbage. I accused her of scrumping but she laughed it off and said the stuff hadn't been paid for yet it and was up for grabs. Suffice to say I kept checking my wallet and my fridge constantly after learning of her thrilling hobby.
Hope you dumped that 'winner'.

Does Instacart delivering your new neighbors grocery orders to your house count? :D Three times Instacart delivered their order to our house, twice I saw them coming and went outside for the wave off before they left the bags on out doorstep.

Our new neighbors are good folk, but I think I just got payback; pretty sure 4 tires just got left in their driveway!

I once had this girlfriend who would pinch groceries out of people's unattended shopping carts. A bag of apples, some steaks, I remember a large cabbage. I accused her of scrumping but she laughed it off and said the stuff hadn't been paid for yet it and was up for grabs. Suffice to say I kept checking my wallet and my fridge constantly after learning of her thrilling hobby.

That’s just odd, and borderline anti-social. I’m sure she must have had some other highly redeeming qualities, though.

4 pounds of "American cheese"?

Wow!

Paging AM!!

I saw a (completely normal looking) guy in a Safeway last summer in the checkout line. Only two different items in his cart:

A) About 40 to 50 1lb packages of Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage.
B) Two very large oranges.

I REALLY wanted to ask him about it; but I kept my counsel. ;)

Yes. About 14 years ago I discovered a full cart in the parking space next to mine at the local Raley's. Strangely enough, about a month later I drove off from the same lot while forgetting to unload the cart into my car. The cart was, of course, gone by the time I got back to retrieve the items. Somehow, it seemed fair and the incident gave me a big chuckle.

I saw a (completely normal looking) guy in a Safeway last summer in the checkout line. Only two different items in his cart:

Maybe he was having a Sausage Fest . 😝

Yes, 2x. The first time was years ago, a 1L bottle of Bertolli EVOO 😷 in a shopping cart corral. The second was this summer. Someone had left a bag of fresh produce on the subway, returning to Manhattan from Coney Island; I left them there.

Pretty much how I'd eat if I wasn't married....

Those sausages are INCREDIBLY versatile, and the oranges give you vitamin C to keep away the scurvy!

I once left a ham at the self checkout. Surprise or not when I went back it was gone. This was about 18 years ago maybe no 2160p back then. The clerk made an executive decision and said go and get one about the same size and bring it up front.

About finders keepers..

I get that one man gathers what another man spills, but it equates to someone dropping their wallet, and because your shoes are size 14, you're able to step on it, so when the man turns around, and he doesn't see it under your foot... :giggle:

Back