Monday Gas Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UK was $8/gal a long time ago in a price range far far away. The price is probably up since the last report.

I wonder how common is it for the owners of competing gas stations in the same neighborhood to get together and "price fix" so that they can raise prices and not under cut each other ?
21.gif

When drivers are low on fuel they have no other choice but to pull into one of the 4 stations that just so happen to be all priced exactly the same.

"price fixing" is against the law. The gas station owners go out everyday checking the price of nearby stations to adjust his/her price. But it is common here to see price different up to 3-4 cents a gallon from 2-3 stations in a 4-way corner.

We are now officially over the $4/gallon mark. We have a 4 corner intersection with Shell, Mobil, Gulf, and Sunoco.

Shell was $4.119, Mobil $4.049, Gulf $4.409, and Sunoco $4.039 last night. I'm hoping Valero, one town over is less, I really don't care about top tier gas, around here I'm sorry to say that's a crock. I'll tweak my gas with MMO or RL FI cleaner, or both.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back