Mobil Special oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: semaj281
I wouldn't hesitate to use it in my cars, if there are no other deals going on. I'm not sure if it's just the Target in my area, but their Super 5000 is a API SM oil, while the Special is API SN. I found that interesting.

Super 5000 is SN/GF5.

I was about to post about this today, but searched first and saw this post. Here are some pics, anyway:

fNZbp.jpg

EucjI.jpg

0DR4A.jpg

It's not Dexos approved? IMO....I'd rather get Peak Full Synthetic for $2.95 a quart for 5w-20, at Advance Auto.

Looks like Target is the only one selling this Mobil Special. Maybe the same as Exxon Special but now in a blue bottle except no Moly or Boron. This is the sodium fortified Add Pack like Mobil Super Conventional.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mongo161

Looks like Target is the only one selling this Mobil Special. Maybe the same as Exxon Special but now in a blue bottle except no Moly or Boron. This is the sodium fortified Add Pack like Mobil Super Conventional.

Sorry, that's not correct.
Mobil special uses the traditional moly add pack with a strong dose of calcium, no boron though. Does not contain sodium like the super does. PQIA did a test of it in the SN flavor.
http://www.pqiamerica.com/testresultssep2011page2.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back