Mobil One cartridge filter..19.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That photo of the K&N construction looks similar to a Mann.

Speaking of Mobil-1 Cartridge, the Mahle & Hengst filters for my wife's Cayenne are about 60% of the M1's cost. Also it is a 9qt. sump so I am assuming they will hold up for an extended OCI, just like a Mobil-1 claims to.

Originally Posted By: typ901
That photo of the K&N construction looks similar to a Mann.

Speaking of Mobil-1 Cartridge, the Mahle & Hengst filters for my wife's Cayenne are about 60% of the M1's cost. Also it is a 9qt. sump so I am assuming they will hold up for an extended OCI, just like a Mobil-1 claims to.

That Porsche Cayenne is one heck of a vehicle!

Originally Posted By: chet2
i have a ecotec but i dont see me shelling out 20$ for that filter... if it is a M1 oil and filter sale i would try it though... what do you guys think of it, i dont think they have been out too long...ac delco filters are only 4.39 at AAP

That's the M1C-151 filter I believe?

That price is insane. I use the Pure One filter in my Cobalt which is pretty spendy at $9.99 each (but I stock up on them whenever I see coupons or rebates so I never pay that price). There's no way the M1 is a better filter, at least not noticeably better. And the Pure One is made in USA.

I'll have to post a link to that filter on the Cobalt SS forum. The kids there will insist that's the only filter they can buy! "Seriously, man, we have to use Mobil 1 since its printed right on the oil cap! The engine was designed to use it!

If you purchase the 5qt Mobil 1 + Mobil 1 Filter special, you can get the filter included in the $29.99 deal.

So, M1 is finally making cartridge filters, huh?

I noticed they make one for our C300, although they're more expensive than OEM Mann/Mahle - $38 for a pack of 2.

They don't make one for my 530i yet.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
If you purchase the 5qt Mobil 1 + Mobil 1 Filter special, you can get the filter included in the $29.99 deal.

The fine print says cartridge filters are NOT included.

On one of my vehicles,I will only do 4-5K per and would do a yearly change of oil and use Amsoil 0w30.
Would the Mobil 1 cartridge be better than the stock Toyota filter for a oil filter two year filter change?

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Originally Posted By: The Critic

The fine print says cartridge filters are NOT included.

Depends on your luck. Sometimes you'll run into an employee or manager who doesn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back