Mobil One cartridge filter..19.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a ecotec but i dont see me shelling out 20$ for that filter... if it is a M1 oil and filter sale i would try it though... what do you guys think of it, i dont think they have been out too long...ac delco filters are only 4.39 at AAP

I buy the AC Delco for $4.39. It is made by Hengst which is the same company that makes the housing that it sits in. It is a quality filter and IMO the best fit for this application.

I don't understand the comment on the housing. On my 02, the filter cartridge sets in a recess cast into the block. GM isn't outsourcing the block are they?

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
M1 filters are long life. Good for (3) 5K OCI.

YEP!

Easily could do a 10k run. Acdelco I dunno. But dam they are expensive, also they do say made in china but there regular can filters are us made hmmmm

Quote:

but M1 filters are made in the USA??

My M1-103 box says "See product for country of origin marking"

Filter is dot marked "Product of USA/Producto de EUA"

Supply chain can be changed without mods to the packaging

I plan on running my M1 15K miles min.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: labman
I don't understand the comment on the housing. On my 02, the filter cartridge sets in a recess cast into the block. GM isn't outsourcing the block are they?

When he says housing, I think he means the cap that fits over the cartridge filter and presses the filter down into the housing when it screws in.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Sounds like a miss-marked price.

I think it's the right price. Mobil 1 just started making a cartridge filter for my Toyota, and it's selling for $17.
I want to try it, but not for that price.

Originally Posted By: finalyzd
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
M1 filters are long life. Good for (3) 5K OCI.

YEP!

Easily could do a 10k run. Acdelco I dunno. But dam they are expensive, also they do say made in china but there regular can filters are us made hmmmm

You can almost buy 5 Delcos for the price of that M1, and since the filter is easy to change the M1 wouldn't be worth it. Besides since the OLM can run 10K miles or so, I'd say the ACDelco cartridge is considered to run at least 10K. Worst case scenario for a an extended OCI say 15K you might change the ACDelco twice.

I see no value or benefit in running a Mobil 1 filter in a cartridge type usage. Maybe in a conventional steel can filter application but only when on sale. I've used Mobil 1 filters (steel cans) in the past when they were on sale and frankly I see nothing better about them. I think most other filters of quality (bosch, Purolator, Wix and so on) can handle the extended drains. I've done extended drains on SuperTechs and the UOA showed no issues at all with dirt/contamination so there's all the proof I need.

That's the right price. They are special order for my Volvo. So I just went with the Wix instead. I love the M1 canister filters, but use the Wix for cartridge filters.

Big M1 filter fan here, and I will not pay for their cartridge filters, either. I will use either Wix or OEM before paying a premium for M1 cartridges.

Mobil 1 M1C-151 Extended Performance Oil Filter, Pack of 2
at Amazon for $32.79. That's $16.39 each with free shipping.

Still kinda pricy.

Last edited:
the M1 filters are US made cept for the cartridge filters...12.99 vs 19.99...i would not buy it just for fact it is made in china, esp when ac delco are 4.39...i never saw a M1 cart filter till last nite at AAP

I would buy the K&N filter over the Mobil 1 any day. You can pick up the two K&N's for the price of one Mobil 1 on Amazon to boot.

Who makes the K&N cartridge filters? It says it's made in Spain on it.

p1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back