Mobil clean bulk 5/20 I 12 KIA Forte

Status
Not open for further replies.
second change. filter was a no name from the quick lube place. change was same oil but I bought an M1 filter. have since picked up 6 OE filter for $6.50 each.
812Forteoil.jpg

If this is a mobil conventional it looks like Mobil Special. Mobil clean was discontinued a few years ago. The M1 is an expensive filter for a short run.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: volk06
If this is a mobil conventional it looks like Mobil Special. Mobil clean was discontinued a few years ago. The M1 is an expensive filter for a short run.

now that I think about it I think it, it was special. I bought the M1 filter after seeing the no name can that was used the first time. now I have the OEM filters and thats what will be going on it from here out.
book spec for severe service is 3700 mi. my driving fits that and then some. according to the dash read outs on a good week my average speed is 20-23 mph, a bad one is 14. this is per tank as I reset at each fill.

Considering the low mileage on the unit, the break in wear already slowed down nicely during this change.

Looks like things are going great for you!

The different filters is probably a good idea to be on the safe side as your insolubles was better on the original filter.

Look at the moly in the OEM fill. Thats nice. It's funny how some OEMs put a lot of Moly in factory fill, and some put none!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back