Mobil 1 oil filter quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: dgunay
I don't know how to read the date codes

072815AB2 * it's the one with the glue on the base plate
061515AB1

Looks like 07/28/15 (Jul 28, 2015) and 06/15/15 (Jun 15, 2015).

I'm enlightened. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
WOW another filter with those restrictive looking small oil holes on the center tube. Buy an ultra or a Wix filter..

WHY would anyone continue to think that those holes are in the least bit restrictive? Its makes zero sense. Their total area EASILY adds up to more than the center tube that the oil filter screws onto anyway. More small holes supports the media better than few big ones (which taken to the extreme is E-core).

Wth is their quality declining?

I just unsealed mine and they look exactly like that, did they just glue it in?

Looks as if they were following K&N foot steps using glue
frown.gif

I used to use OE S2000 filter and I've never seen that kind of excessive glue / build quality difference before.

I'll probably use the bad looking one first.

I used to use OE S2000 filter and I've never seen that kind of excessive glue / build quality difference before.

How long do you run it for? Do you do extended filter change?

Originally Posted By: Stewie

Even though Honda recommends using the oil filter for two oil changes, I run it for 10k kms.

Here's the autopsy of OE S2000 oil filter.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3936470/Re:_[Cut_Open]_Honda_S2000_OEM#Post3936470

I am not a fan of extended oil/filter changes, since I have been driving a rev happy - high CR Honda engine, I keep it at 10k kms with synthetic oil. However, I'll be using the Fram Ultra for two oil changes (20k kms)

Even though Honda recommends using the oil filter for two oil changes, I run it for 10k kms.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3936470/Re:_[Cut_Open]_Honda_S2000_OEM#Post3936470

I am not a fan of extended oil/filter changes, since I have been driving a rev happy - high CR Honda engine, I keep it at 10k kms with synthetic oil. However, I'll be using the Fram Ultra for two oil changes (20k kms)

The m1 is quite capable of going multiple ocis too.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
WOW another filter with those restrictive looking small oil holes on the center tube. Buy an ultra or a Wix filter..

Small holes r very Scarry for u huh? Lol
R u closeterphobic (spelling?)

I am debating whether I should go for extended or not.

Currently sitting at 12k KM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back