Mobil 1 high mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Don't drink the kool aid buster. You really think Mobil slashed all the additives we can see to add more expensive super secret additives instead? To a HIGH MILEAGE SL rated lube? Not a chance...

I know they did. Just look at the additive system. It's the same across the entire M1 line up. The seal conditioners/base oils and and ZDP remain the same.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: BobFout
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Wonder why the 10W30 isn`t SN rated and the 10W40 is?

Additive levels too high for an xw30 to be SN.

Are the 5W30 and 10W30 missing any of the "goodies" that the 10W40 has?

No. Just the SN ratings allow for more zinc in oils heavier than 10W-30.

Originally Posted By: buster
Don't drink the kool aid buster. You really think Mobil slashed all the additives we can see to add more expensive super secret additives instead? To a HIGH MILEAGE SL rated lube? Not a chance...

I know they did. Just look at the additive system. It's the same across the entire M1 line up. The seal conditioners/base oils and and ZDP remain the same.

We have proof they cut many of the additives from numerous UOA's here, even you don't dispute that. You are just guessing as to anything else. ZDDP looks lower too, they are barely over SN levels if that at this point on the lubes below 40 grade.

A heavy "old school" add pack makes more sense for a HM oil anyway IMO. They went in the wrong direction even "if" they didn't gut the stuff.

I think they just "cheaped out". You think they didn't. Time will tell I guess.

Rumor has it the M1 HM was a favorite of employees in the know at Mobil for their own cars, I'd guess they are running EP now.

We have proof they cut many of the additives from numerous UOA's here, even you don't dispute that. You are just guessing as to anything else. ZDDP looks lower too, they are barely over SN levels if that at this point on the lubes below 40 grade.

A heavy "old school" add pack makes more sense for a HM oil anyway IMO. They went in the wrong direction even "if" they didn't gut the stuff.

Rumor has it the M1 HM was a favorite of employees in the know at Mobil for their own cars, I'd guess they are running EP now.

Um, what?:

http://www.pqiamerica.com/June 2014/mobil1530a.htm

Surprised XOM doesn't just go ahead and get the LL01 approval for that 5W-30 HM. With so many old high mileage E46 on the roads now, they would be only HM LL01 approved oil in the market.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh

Um, what?:

http://www.pqiamerica.com/June 2014/mobil1530a.htm

KC I hear what you're saying but I still think it's as good or better, just using the newer additive/detergent system.

On the Mobil 1 website they list it has having "unsurpassed wear protection", referring to the SEQ IVA. So still think it's just as robust.

And it still has well over 1000 ppm of zinc. How much zinc do 90% of cars made in the last 20 years actually need?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back