Mobil 1 15w-50 Mileage Rating Reduced

Just snapped a pic of these in WM the other day & noticed the SN claimed 15,000 miles while the SP version is 10,000 miles. I would assume the additive package reduction to SP was the cause? Or to bring it inline with the rest of their 10,000 mile oil guarantee that their other oils have.

IMG_20240416_101225.jpg

81fQlb97uZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I would think, logically, that if it were "made up" their guarantee would've went up not down in mileage. :LOL:

I run M1 15w-50 in my air cooled small engines. My 27HP kohler in the z-turn gets at least 15k miles and hasn't blown up in 25 years. . .
I'm curious what your oil temps are in those. I checked my 20hp Kawasaki / Tuff Torq hydro (John Deere chassis) after mowing one hour in 90 degree weather and was surprised how low the temps were, engine oil 170F on the pan, Hydrostatic trans was 150F. Convinced me those applications aren't very hard on lubes.

I'm curious what your oil temps are in those. I checked my 20hp Kawasaki / Tuff Torq hydro (John Deere chassis) after mowing one hour in 90 degree weather and was surprised how low the temps were, engine oil 170F on the pan, Hydrostatic trans was 150F. Convinced me those applications aren't very hard on lubes.
I've never actually checked..... just typing those words is odd for me! Our snow just melted about 2 weeks ago, so mowing won't happen for another 2 or 3 weeks. I'll report back.

I have an old Exmark from the mid 1990s with 1900 hours and a 60" deck. The hydraulic reservoir says specifically M1 15w-50 for the pumps & motors. This older model has 2 pumps and 2 motors. I think they are all Eaton.

So I just use the same M1 in the Kohler.

Back