Mobil 0w-40 GREEN!!! in color...and one more ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: Buffman
Originally Posted By: blaze1
This picture was taken from a MKV website.....

Re-Oil.jpg

Looks pretty green to me....

have the owner of the picture give source to where he got the m1 and the date codes on the oil...

That's a fairly strong green also.

G GC:
pourthegreenxa9.jpg

If you note when the GC hits the funnel, it looks amber because the funnel is yellow, and the M1 is going into a BLUE funnel, which will make the oil look green. It's unfortunate it's not a side-shot, which would give us a more "true" profile of the oil's colour, as I am quite sure the colour of the funnel is the reason it looks so green.
the only oil that i have ever seen that shad of green was kendell GT1 and that was many years ago.

I've used this oil in my 84 RX-7 a couple of times, and notices it was darker or had more of an amber tinge to it, compared to Castrol which seems really light. Mobil 1 does look kind of odd in the 5 qt silver jugs though.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne

2. GC has never been on VWOA's 502.00 approved oils list. Why? Who knows.....

Want my advice? OK here it is; stick to an oil that is shown on the VW 502.00 approved oils list while under warranty. M1 0w40 and Castrol Syntec 5w40 are the most readily available.

Huh???

The GC I recently bought at pep boys claims VW 502. Additionally, it says the same at the castrol web site (502 00, 505 00, 503 01):

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/genericarticle.do?categoryId=82915470&contentId=6006933

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back