Mixing Brake Pad Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello...

2007 Accord EX-L needs some brakes and rotors. Because of a few discounts and previous parts being bought and not used I have some Bendix CT-3 ceramic for the front and Wagner Thermoquiets Ceramic for the rear. Not thinking there will be an issue but not finding a lot of info online about it. Rotors will be replaced with Centric 120's. What say ye???

Last edited:
No issue at all.

I thought this was going to be about putting a different pads on the inside vs the outside of the front caliper or something.

Originally Posted By: Jimzz
I thought this was going to be about putting a different pads on the inside vs the outside of the front caliper or something.

Same here.
smile.gif

I've done it, mixing brands and pad materials on front and rear axles, but never on the same axle.

You could get into a bit of trouble with mixing with higher friction pads, but for "regular" pads it seems not to be an issue.
http://faculty.ccbcmd.edu/~smacadof/DOTPadCodes.htm

We did have a guy at the last autocross that seemed to have extremely grabby rear brakes when he pulled the fuse on the ABS, so perhaps he "upgraded" the rears.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: IndyIan
You could get into a bit of trouble with mixing with higher friction pads, but for "regular" pads it seems not to be an issue.
http://faculty.ccbcmd.edu/~smacadof/DOTPadCodes.htm

We did have a guy at the last autocross that seemed to have extremely grabby rear brakes when he pulled the fuse on the ABS, so perhaps he "upgraded" the rears.

They aren't in front of me but I thing the CT-3's are GG rated and the ThermoQuiet's are FF rated. I could be wrong though as I thought the friction rating of the aftermarket was based on what the OEM's were.

Last edited:
Many VOlvo 240 series came through with Girling calipers on the front and ATE on the back. Not just different pads but different brake companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back