Milestar tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sell tires. Been doing it 15 years. Milestar tires are a a VALUE tires. They are a decent tire for the price. I've never seen problems from them. Would I use them? No! I like tires that actually put technology and research into their products. I love TOYO tires. I have Goodyear Tripltreds on my wife's and love them. 3 sets of Toyo on other family members. Falken makes a great inexpensive tire.
If it's a vehicle you drive on a daily basis I'd step up to a mid tier tire:
Toyo Extensa
Falken Sincera
Dunlop Signature 2
Toyo Versado
That's my biggest sellers

The car is a 1991 Ford LTD Country Squire.
Size P215/70R15.

Hey what ever happened to the wide whitewall
Firestone FR721?

Originally Posted By: lubedude13
I sell tires. Been doing it 15 years. Milestar tires are a a VALUE tires. They are a decent tire for the price. I've never seen problems from them. Would I use them? No! I like tires that actually put technology and research into their products. I love TOYO tires. I have Goodyear Tripltreds on my wife's and love them. 3 sets of Toyo on other family members. Falken makes a great inexpensive tire.
If it's a vehicle you drive on a daily basis I'd step up to a mid tier tire:
Toyo Extensa
Falken Sincera
Dunlop Signature 2
Toyo Versado
That's my biggest sellers

KInda what I was thinking about them as well...something that might do fine on a beater....

I just think if you spend an extra 100$ total you will get a name brand with good results. I used cheap tires and they are dangerous. There have been alot of posts on good brand name tires that provide safe traction. Check reviews on tire rack. Chinese tires always rank last and braking distances are very long compared to name brand. Dont put ur safety at risk over 100$. Its the difference between braking safely or an accident.

Originally Posted By: sgc2c
Size P215/70R15.

Firestone FR721?

The General Altimax RT43 is available in that size, and so is the Dunlop Signature II.

Honestly, I'd even take Walmart Goodyears over Milestar--at least Goodyear is a name brand, and even their special tires for Walmart are better than any no-name.

There is also the Kumho Sense and Falken Sincera SN828

The Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max is on rebate now. Buy four and get $40 back.

That's the same size tires I put on my Buick. You want raised white lettering? Look at mastercraft avenger gt tires. That's what's on my Buick, a great inexpensive tire.

The next one up price-wise at Sears is the
Guardsman house brand at about $60.
Is that a marked improvement over the
Milestar?
And does Sears even allow you to buy the
Guardsman (or anything) without putting them
on the car for you? I don't especially want Sears
touching my cars.

If there is a Walmart around, they have the Goodyear Viva 2 for $68

While it may not be as good as their premium tires like the Fuel Max and Assurance lines, at least it is a name brand, and much better than Guardsman or any other private label.

Originally Posted By: sgc2c
Size P215/70R15.

Firestone FR721?

DTD has some Vogue tyres in your size with rebates:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct...amp;exposed=brd

smile.gif

Vogue tires are low quality and really expensive! For that price just get Michelin Defenders!

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Not really a fair comparison a passenger car tire vs a light truck tire that starts out at 12/32 depth. The milestar is a passenger car tire.

How about the Bridgestone Turanza passenger car tire (not high performance) that has a rating that ranges from 260-320, which has NO mileage warranty?

Better or worse than the Milestar?

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tire/turanza-el42

It's a Bridgestone... It's automatically better than the no name tires.

You'll kick yourself after the cheapo tires end up costing you more re balancing them over and over only to find out they're going to shake and vibrate no matter what.

Please describe, in detail, the problems YOU had with Milestar tires. Be specific.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

Please describe, in detail, the problems YOU had with Milestar tires. Be specific.

Yes SIR! I'm sure he'll get right on that dissertation for you.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Vogue tires are low quality and really expensive! For that price just get Michelin Defenders!

+1! 90K name brand tire vs. a 40K no name tire for basically the same $$. Duh, that's a no brainer.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Not really a fair comparison a passenger car tire vs a light truck tire that starts out at 12/32 depth. The milestar is a passenger car tire.

How about the Bridgestone Turanza passenger car tire (not high performance) that has a rating that ranges from 260-320, which has NO mileage warranty?

Better or worse than the Milestar?

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/tire/turanza-el42

It's a Bridgestone... It's automatically better than the no name tires.

You'll kick yourself after the cheapo tires end up costing you more re balancing them over and over only to find out they're going to shake and vibrate no matter what.

I have not purchased any Milestar tires, i have enough common sense to stay away from cheaply made tires that carry my family. I am not going to save $20 a corner to have a poor QC tire made in a foreign country that doesn't care where the tire is headed, there are better choices for your money; Caveat emptor.

In other words: you have absolutely zero firsthand experience and are simply bloviating. I thought as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back