MicroGard oil filter question

Status
Not open for further replies.
My oreilly have bunch of MicroGard oil filter with metal cage inside, is this the old style none ecore one, which is good one ? thanks

I don't think Microgards were ever made by Champ, the old ones are Purolators and the new ones are the OCOD.

The Microgard cartridge filter looks almost like Fram

Image.aspx

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Image.aspx

Fram makes the micro guard filters.

Originally Posted By: volk06
Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Image.aspx

Fram makes the micro guard filters.

No wonder they are similar looking from the cap to the media.

Yeah I worked for O Reillys during the switch. The new microgards are just black Canadian made Frams with silver lettering. If you have the older purolator ones there, buy em...they are good filters for a conventional oil change. Most will have stickers covering the old parts numbers.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Yeah I worked for O Reillys during the switch. The new microgards are just black Canadian made Frams with silver lettering. If you have the older purolator ones there, buy em...they are good filters for a conventional oil change. Most will have stickers covering the old parts numbers.

Canadian-made Frams that are mostly made... In China. At least most that I have seen have been from China. But I guess it is possible that they just box up anything that they can get their hands on.

Well I heard that when the Honeywell sold off the Fram brand, the new owners were going to shut down the Canadian production line.That must have happened since I left the green team in mid 2010.

My 1984 Isuzu pickup truck loves Fram/Microgard filters. I've been using Fram oil filters on this vehicle for years.

Originally Posted By: BEETLE
My 1984 Isuzu pickup truck loves Fram/Microgard filters. I've been using Fram oil filters on this vehicle for years.

It loves them or it tolerates them?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back