Michelin Weatherwise II on "sale", are they OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool. What size and what type of vehicle? I would appreciate your comments about tread noise. That's the only thing holding me back on really liking those things. I've read conflicting reports about noise from the directional tread.

Originally Posted By: Jason Adcock
Cool. What size and what type of vehicle? I would appreciate your comments about tread noise. That's the only thing holding me back on really liking those things. I've read conflicting reports about noise from the directional tread.

Me too...

It's an '08 Mazda 3. The worn Proxes that I drove to Sears on were unbearably loud and when I drove off after, it was night and day. I honestly can't hear much noise from them, though that may change as they wear.

Today I drove though a torrential downpour (no exaggeration) just after getting an alignment and I couldn't get these things to fail. I drove though huge puddles at 45 and it only bogged a bit, didn't pull to the side of the puddle which happens in every other car I drive. Took some curves fairly hard on a back country road and it was just as sure footed as bone dry. No braking issues and I couldn't even get the tires to spin punching the gas at a light.

They live up to their name.

Sears is gonna have fun when I insist at every rotation that they remount the backs so they can criss-cross to the front while pointing the right direction. I'm treating these tires right.

Last edited:
They sound like good tires, and thanks for your assessment of them. Although I love rotating tires, I wouldn't mess with re-mounting them all the time. I'd just rotate front to back. In my opinion, the potential damage to your wheels from dismounting tires all the time (from the equipment, wheel weights, etc) outweighs the benefits. I'd absolutely keep them rotated front to back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back