Meguiars NXT Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used NXT 2.0 awhile back because I got it for free in a gift set. It looked really good on white,and good on red as well. The durability was not good at all,but as I said before it was free. I actually bought another one of the gift sets at a discount so I have another full bottle of NXT 2.0 to use up someday.

DG 105 and Collinite 476 and 845 are much better all the way around.

+1 for NXT 2.0. The durability issue is subject to environmental conditions. Garaged, I find the stuff lasts about 5 months.

You guys who have problems with buffing aren't using the right kind of microfiber..you need a tight, short weave.

I've read (on autogeek) that Ultimate Wax is much better, longer lasting, and doesn't stain trim. I will not use a product that stains trim, because there are so many good products that do not.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
The Meguiar's #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax from their Mirror Glaze line is a better product for me.

It's a blend of synth & carnauba, which gives a better shine in my opinion, goes on and off easier, and won't stain trim.

Also looks awesome on dark-colored vehicles - especially black.

I actually preferred the original NXT to the 2.0. I thought it had a better shine.

Good point about good old #26! That, combined with #7 Glaze used to my go to system 20+ years ago...and that combo still works well today.

One of the best combos in the auto market in terms of results and the respect it receives in the professional community. It is all is use when I work my side jobs

Big Meguiars user, but I always see Surf City wax at Wally World so I broke down and gave this stuff a try, Really liking the wax and spray detailer, wax goes on like butter and comes off just as easy, the spray wax is just as easy. Xcellent shine and the paint is slick as velvet
thumbsup2.gif

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Big Meguiars user, but I always see Surf City wax at Wally World so I broke down and gave this stuff a try, Really liking the wax and spray detailer, wax goes on like butter and comes off just as easy, the spray wax is just as easy. Xcellent shine and the paint is slick as velvet
thumbsup2.gif

Malo,

How is the water beading with the Pacific Blue? I know it's not the only durability indicator,but the beading was terrible with the spray wax for me. It didn't look like it had been freshly applied at all. The beads were very blobby,and not uniform and tight at all. I would've expected better from a product with carnauba in it. To be fair,the beading didn't get any worse than it wasafter some pretty heavy rains though. The shine,depth,and slickness is incredible though.

The Hot Rod and Speed Demon detailers are incredible products. I can't believe you can get a product that good at Wal-Mart!

I have those including the Liquid I got for the DA/RO Buffer and LOVE the Surf City Garage products. Done buying other products.

SCG FTW!
thumbsup2.gif

SCG also has top notch Customer Service. I've received 2 free T-shirts, many rebates, etc. I asked them a question via their website a few years ago. This got me on their e-mailing list. They often have freebeis, cash rebates, etc. Their rebate process is quicker than any other.

Originally Posted By: Racerjk
thumbsup2.gif

Malo,

How is the water beading with the Pacific Blue? I know it's not the only durability indicator,but the beading was terrible with the spray wax for me. It didn't look like it had been freshly applied at all. The beads were very blobby,and not uniform and tight at all. I would've expected better from a product with carnauba in it. To be fair,the beading didn't get any worse than it wasafter some pretty heavy rains though. The shine,depth,and slickness is incredible though.

The Hot Rod and Speed Demon detailers are incredible products. I can't believe you can get a product that good at Wal-Mart!

Beaded up pretty good when I washed my Malibu yesterday
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
Ole number 26 for me also. For the price cannot beat its shine & durability. Tried the NXT 2.0 with very unsatified results on atleast 3 vehicles. Wont use it on my own personal vehicles ever again!

Malo,

Beaded up pretty good when I washed my Malibu yesterday
cheers3.gif

That's pretty much the same beading I get. Thanks for the picture. It was explained to me that their products were designed to sheet instead of make tight beads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back