McDonald's Corporation introduces CosMc's as a mostly coffee outpost

CosMcsskyHero%202336x1040:hero-desktop

Hmm. Good luck to them--it's how capitalism works, see an opportunity, seize it, make money.

That said... zero desire to see what they are like. They could be good for all I know but I'll make my regular coffee at home and save the change.

Hmm, if I am travelling and I want a coffee, McDonalds is actually pretty high on the list. There basic black coffee isn't too bad, its usually hot especially in the morning, and in a cup that keeps it hot for a while. Its also a lot cheaper than the other place.

I wish them well. Competition is always a benefit to the consumer.

Pretty sure Starbucks is breaking a bit of a sweat over this. A hipper solution to the adult and modern ambiance of a Starbucks. Where would the younger generation rather go?

Hmm, if I am travelling and I want a coffee, McDonalds is actually pretty high on the list. There basic black coffee isn't too bad, its usually hot especially in the morning, and in a cup that keeps it hot for a while. Its also a lot cheaper than the other place.

I wish them well. Competition is always a benefit to the consumer.

It's usually brewed in a traditional commercial drip machine with two burners. The burners will keep the coffee hot, but can also make it taste burnt. So as freshly brewed as possible would be ideal.

Some might use urns these days.

I lived very close to that store for about 25 years. I've seen it go through several market tests that required a complete facelift. I wondered what they were doing to it, now we know.

Going after Starbucks on this. Starbucks sells 1.5X as many cold drinks as hot. Four drive through lanes is the future. This one is a bit too far away for me to see, but there will be more. A lot more.

hopefully they solved the drive thru bottlenecking their current double into single lanes introduced into pick up times, including sitting at the mobile stations because an item is not ready

They aren't going after starbucks. They are targeting buyers that have evolved their buying preferences. They may be using a Starbucks like selling model though. It's no surprise b/c Coffee houses have been blowing up left & right. This is the big corp getting in on the money pie.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced this will fly. Will the uppity starbucks crowd be seen drinking Md's coffee?
Probably not most of the Starbucks patrons but maybe a few that frequent Mc'ds anyway? I'm sure there is a crossover group of people. Some might want more to eat than the smaller menu SB has to offer?

I hate the whole yuppy coffee scene. What I'm drinking presently would horrify most of those snobs. What I used to drink when I was working was even worse. There are plenty of places where you get to make your own for way less than Dunkins Starbucks, etc. The big deal with those is how clean the counter is. I left for work each morning with 3pints of cold black coffee brewed the night before. Only when the routine was broken did I buy anything

I hate the whole yuppy coffee scene. What I'm drinking presently would horrify most of those snobs. What I used to drink when I was working was even worse. There are plenty of places where you get to make your own for way less than Dunkins Starbucks, etc. The big deal with those is how clean the counter is. I left for work each morning with 3pints of cold black coffee brewed the night before. Only when the routine was broken did I buy anything
There are still yuppies 35 years later? 😲

I just want a place that makes a good cup of black coffee. I spend too much time away from home living out of a bag to tow around a coffee maker. Sometimes the hotels I’m in have one. Dunkin seems to be my go to for a large coffee in some areas outside of my state. I just can’t get on with all the sugary mixed drinks though I understand that’s what sells most at those places.

I’m probably a hint yuppie with my coffee by your definition, but all I really want with coffee is familiarity. There’s a chain of gas stations in my state that has good coffee and more often than not I just want the same cup of coffee every time. I’d choose this gas stations dark roast over any other coffee I come across and it’s $2 for a 24oz. Lucky for me it’s the easiest to come by when I can’t make coffee at home.

I just want a place that makes a good cup of black coffee. I spend too much time away from home living out of a bag to tow around a coffee maker. Sometimes the hotels I’m in have one. Dunkin seems to be my go to for a large coffee in some areas outside of my state. I just can’t get on with all the sugary mixed drinks though I understand that’s what sells most at those places.

I’m probably a hint yuppie with my coffee by your definition, but all I really want with coffee is familiarity. There’s a chain of gas stations in my state that has good coffee and more often than not I just want the same cup of coffee every time. I’d choose this gas stations dark roast over any other coffee I come across and it’s $2 for a 24oz. Lucky for me it’s the easiest to come by when I can’t make coffee at home.

On the road it’s easy enough to use a cone and filters, but would require a source of hot water, which many hotel rooms will have.

Back