Mannich Additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading this forum for quite some time and as such have heard a lot about polyetheramine (PEA) type additives...especially as advertised by Chevron in their Techron product(s).

Trying to find more information on this detergent I stumbled upon information about Mannich type detergents. And in the article linked below it is basically stated to be much better than PEA.

I'm wondering if anyone else has information on products that contain this class of chemical or any other general info. There is very little information on this forum and on the web about it.

SAE Webpage - Article Abstract

Yeah, it's advertised in the "Additech" fuel additive at Murphy.

I was helping one of my nephews move some stuff, hatchback stuffed to the gills, and he bought me some gas at Murphy. Insisted that I "needed" this stuff when I said, "no, that's okay. I don't want that in my car."
Yay...free snake oil.
Turns out that it's PEA and this "Mannich Additive" I don't feel so bad about that. But it was something like $4.99. I wished he had kept that money. He got a small inheritance and he's ripping through it as fast as he can. In fact he didn't even have to buy the gas. I guess he likes showing off that he has money for the first time in his young life.
21.gif

No real change in my car's MPG or performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back