Mann Hummel

I've read it & I've stated several times on this board that Brand Ranks filter ranking can't be compared to ISO testing standards. What does BR video's have to do with Ascent's Boss filters testing at 99% @ 34 microns?
You're still missing the point. The Boss in the BR ranking does not correlate with how they would rank when using the ISO test results and the M+H spec sheet info.

You're still missing the point. The Boss in the BR ranking does not correlate with how they would rank when using the ISO test results and the M+H spec sheet info.
You're trying to "make a point" that many here are very well aware of. You quoted me as if I'm implying BR ranking system correlates to ISO Standards? :unsure: It doesn't work like that & BR videos can only be compared to THEIR own testing system & or for entertainment purposes.

Last edited:
You're trying to "make a point" that many here are very well aware of. You quoted me as if I'm implying BR ranking system correlates to ISO Standards? :unsure: It doesn't work like that & BR videos can only be compared to THEIR own testing system & or for entertainment purposes.
Still missing the point. Even if just looking at the BR testing, the Boss is out of bed with reality is what I'm saying because BR's ranking of the Boss does NOT correlate to how it would rank using the official ISO efficiency specs or even Ascent's ranking results. If anyone thinks BR's ranking of the Boss is more accurate than how it ranks using the ISO efficiency spec, then they don't understand oil filter efficiency testing. This stems back to post 17 where I pointed that out.

Still missing the point. Even if just looking at the BR testing, the Boss is out of bed with reality is what I'm saying because BR's ranking of the Boss does NOT correlate to how it would rank using the official ISO efficiency specs or even Ascent's ranking results. If anyone thinks BR's ranking of the Boss is more accurate than how it ranks using the ISO efficiency spec, then they don't understand oil filter efficiency testing. This stems back to post 17 where I pointed that out.
I already knew that point but you don't understand that I get it. Did anyone claim BR testing correlates with ISO testing standards? :unsure:

I already knew that point but you don't understand that I get it. Did anyone claim BR testing correlates with ISO testing standards? :unsure:
I never claimed anyone did say BR testing correlated to ISO testing standards ... it obviously doesn't, but some take it as an accurate test and ranking. What I'm saying is some people believe that the Boss is better efficiency compared to some of the other filters that BR tested, but how can that be when official ISO test info (including the M+H spec sheet that shows it at 99% at >46u for the model of Boss BR tested) does not support that same ranking to others tested. Maybe you get it, but many others watching YouTube don't seem to.

I never claimed anyone did say BR testing correlated to ISO testing standards ... it obviously doesn't, but some take it as an accurate test and ranking. What I'm saying is some people believe that the Boss is better efficiency compared to some of the other filters that BR tested, but how can that be when official ISO test info (including the M+H spec sheet that shows it at 99% at >46u for the model of Boss BR tested) does not support that same ranking to others tested. Maybe you get it, but many others watching YouTube don't seem to.
You'd have a better audience if you protest to become a YT comment's "Oil filter Patrol". I'll chip in for your "BITOG Official YT" badge. j/k :LOL:

You'd have a better audience if you protest to become a YT comment's "Oil filter Patrol". I'll chip in for your "BITOG Official YT" badge. j/k :LOL:
I don't waste much time making comments on YT oil filter videos because too many there making comments are more fun to read and roll eyes and laugh about instead. :LOL:

I don't waste much time making comments on YT oil filter videos because too many there making comments are more fun to read and roll eyes and laugh about instead. :LOL:
I don't blame you & I don't post there either. I just have a couple of my own lame video's like "7.3L cold start". 😄

Back