Maker of Mopar 4781452BB oil filter? (3.7L Dodge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking and doesn't LOOK like a purolator, I see the 090 filters at chinamart are apparently purolator but these look a bit different. Fram?

I am pretty sure they are FRAM. I found a website not long ago that confirmed that based on the construction, media type and the stamp on the base plate, but don't have the link.

So I finally decided to cut open an off the shelf Wally World Mopar and recently used Mopar dealer installed filter. They seem to both be Purolater. They stamping on the plate and the internals match a purolater that I cut up a while back.

I imagine that you see the "3 space 4 space 16" like you do on the MC filters by Purolator.

I stick with wix...i drive a jeep liberty with the 3.7, and cannot find any info about the oils used in this engine doing a search. So, if you don't mind me asking, what do you use and do you like it?UOA? (Sorry about the thread hijack)

I'm going to use GTX 3-4 quarts of 5w20 with 1-2 quarts of 10w30 to thicken it up a little. The engine was originally speced for 10w-30 but now specs 5w-20. GTX has given great UOA in the past with the Liberty.

Thanks Jim,
I have been using mobil 1 truck and suv 5w30. do you know if the '06's are now being ok'ed to use the 5w20 (still under warranty)? Thanks for the info...I have used gtx in the past - great oil...good to know of the UOA's with gtx. It does get cold here, so that is why I really want a syn with a low pour point, but i guess what is really important is the UOA results. Thanks much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back