M1HM 5w30 API SL on Amazon still

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought some Mobil 1 high mileage 5w30 off Amazon and its still api SL. I bought the 5 quart jug shipped and sold by Amazon. Actually ordered it this morning and used my prime free same day shipping got it for $25.47

Date code appears to be 110th day of 16 so it's early 2016 batch if you want to stock up.

Here's the link if anyone's interested

Mobil 1 high mileage 5w30 jug at Amazon

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998
It sometimes drops down to 22.xx or 24xx as wallyworld does.. 5w20 too

This isn't about price, they switched to API SN and everything in the retail stores is SN unless you find old stock at a smaller location

Originally Posted By: Gebo
How do you know it's SL?

Because I bought it and checked the seal on the jug. Didn't you read the original post?

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I really thought more people would be interested in this

Amazon has close to 100 or so fulfillment centers in the USA. Unless someone is ordering local to you, the chance of getting the SL rated stuff is remote.

Enjoy your rare find but it is not an indicator of expected duplicate results for the rest of us.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
I really thought more people would be interested in this

Amazon has close to 100 or so fulfillment centers in the USA. Unless someone is ordering local to you, the chance of getting the SL rated stuff is remote.

Enjoy your rare find but it is not an indicator of expected duplicate results for the rest of us.

I don't think it's rare, I think it's an indication of how much stock they have on hand vs how many people are actually ordering online. Like I said the date code was 111th day of 2016, so there's even newer stuff that's still SL before the recent switch as we're on the early 300s date codes now

Originally Posted By: semaj281
Is this for the extra zinc in the older HM oils?

Yes the SL stuff has more zddp and until we see the new VOA it might have more of other stuff too

Looks like some members should pay more attention to things instead of assuming.

901Memphis: I ordered 2 5quart jugs and mine have similar date code. Thanks for the heads up sir
smile.gif

Glad to hear you had success as well car51. I am sure even if it is comes from multiple sources they still have old stock. Who knows for how long though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back