M1 AFE 0W-30 back in Canada after nine years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Ah, you're rationalizing. IIRC you've never tried an 0W-XX oil?

Yep, I have. I tried a fill of GC in the Audi and also did RP 0w-40 over a couple OCIs. As for cost, believe it or not, the Delvac Elite 222 0w-30 might even be a tiny bit cheaper than the 5w-40. Cost certainly isn't a big deciding issue between those two oils. In that case, I rationalize it by starting TBN.
wink.gif

If cost isn't the issue but you favour a long drain capable oil, Amsoil 0W-30 would fit the bill pretty well and it certainly wouldn't be too light for a conservatively driven G37.

Actually, they do have Amsoil (I'd have to check what grades) at Peavey Mart here, and the prices aren't out of line, either. Nonetheless, despite my preference for high TBN, I don't exactly push the envelope with OCIs yet, either, although it is time for some UOAs.

Found this thread after an unsuccessful search attempt (try searching for any combination of Mobil, 0W-30 or AFE on this site... Useless). Did it the old fashioned way and just looked through pages of threads...

Anyway, I was all excited thinking that this possibly hadn't hit the forum yet and snapped a couple pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back