M1-102 Filter 10K Run [Cut Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
read other post on here and in speed talk forums about filters coming apart..you all are something else trying to talk your way out and not even considering the obvious!! its your car use the cheap paper filters!! even if i came up with proof or documentation the nah sayers would not believe it anyways so why bother its not my car..just trying to help you all.

Originally Posted By: boxcartommie22
read other post on here and in speed talk forums about filters coming apart..you all are something else trying to talk your way out and not even considering the obvious!! its your car use the cheap paper filters!! even if i came up with proof or documentation the nah sayers would not believe it anyways so why bother its not my car..just trying to help you all.

The K&N filters in your sig are about the same (some would even say worse filtration) as M1 filters, so I don't know why you are making such a big stink? Or what filters do you run?

i use k&n and/or afe air filters and k&p engineering stainless steel oil filters..i just am so against reg. oil filters no matter the brand because, if for some reason, you get a surge in pressure you will blow out a reg.oil filter and bits and pieces will get into your engine and clog up the oil gallies..i have seen it over and over..i eant the best and especially to all my fellow gear heads on this site.yes, to me, it is a big deal!!try the new k&n stainless steel mesh oil filters or k&p engineering filter..they are very easy to clean and not a messy deal.

read other post on here and in speed talk forums about filters coming apart..you all are something else trying to talk your way out and not even considering the obvious!!

Yes, there have been a few cases reported here of media tears or blow outs ... the ecore filters are the worst. IMO, a filter that has just a tear in the media probably isn't going to cause any harm (besides passing unfiltered oil), but if a chunk of media gets blown out (like on some ecores we've seen posted here), then that could be a bad situation.

Is it a reason to switch to a stainless steal mess filter? Maybe for a few people depending on the application. For 99% of the street cars on the road, their oil pumps don't put out enough flow to cause media failure unless there was something inherently wrong with the filter (ie, bad bypass valve, or bad manufacturing causing folded media pleats, etc).

If a paper media filter is designed and manufactured well, then the risk is almost zero on a failure. That's why we cut open and talk about the guts of oil filters every day here ... to determine which ones work the best or not.

well put zee, i just fine iam not willing to take that chance besides i like the less internal drag on the engine.i can actually feel the performance..they say though purely ancdotal about 7 hp inc...i do know the fords i have ,have a killer amt of flow and pressure their oil pumps out.

Last edited:
looks like its ready to fall apart.

By the looks of the filter all scattered about, I would say it already fell apart!!
banana2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tig1
looks like its ready to fall apart.

By the looks of the filter all scattered about, I would say it already fell apart!!
banana2.gif

^@#mindblown.

crazy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back