Purolator (Red) L14610 cut open.

This one run ~5900 mi. ~7 months, from mid Sept 2023 till last week. It was run on a family member's 2.5L (PI) Nissan Rogue using Total Quartz Dynamic 0w20 from AAP closeout. "Same" oil and filter combination went back. I was very curious to see what the Red L would look like cut open, all good. Comparing it to Bosch Prem. 3323 and PL14610, has ~5 less pleats. I think that speaks more to how media loaded the 3323 is than the red being skimpy, as you can see. Like the silicone adbv they added.

I got these from Amazon ~$6 with coupon and discount for 2+.purchase. I see Menards has them for a very good price, <$5. Unfortunately, no Menards around here. Glad I gave the L14610 a try. For now, still made in the US.
P1020521.JPG
P1020522.JPG

P1020531.JPG

P1020533.JPG

P1020536.JPG

P1020535.JPG

It does look just about perfect. Maybe my imagination but that filter media looks like Napa Gold / Wix filter media. More substantial and thicker vs the filter media one sees in the Protec filters made by MH.

Great job as usual sayjac. Hope you and your family are doing well.

This one run ~5900 mi. ~7 months, from mid Sept 2023 till last week. It was run on a family member's 2.5L (PI) Nissan Rogue using Total Quartz Dynamic 0w20 from AAP closeout. "Same" oil and filter combination went back. I was very curious to see what the Red L would look like cut open, all good. Comparing it to Bosch Prem. 3323 and PL14610, has ~5 less pleats. I think that speaks more to how media loaded the 3323 is than the red being skimpy, as you can see. Like the silicone adbv they added.

I got these from Amazon ~$6 with coupon and discount for 2+.purchase. I see Menards has them for a very good price, <$5. Unfortunately, no Menards around here. Glad I gave the L14610 a try. For now, still made in the US.
View attachment 217154View attachment 217156
View attachment 217163
View attachment 217165
View attachment 217170
View attachment 217177
Looks astonishing. Adbv looks unused. I also have a rogue with the 2.5 my filter cutter is on its way. Will post when it arrives.

Do you know what the actual efficiency on this one is? Not the dirt holding power blather the real micron rating.

View attachment 217154View attachment 217156
View attachment 217163
View attachment 217165
View attachment 217170
View attachment 217177

Nice photos and great cut and post. Thank You

Do you know what the actual efficiency on this one is?...
The best info I've gleaned is 96.5%@20um. Now if folks want go on about filter size yada yada yada that's based on, I'm not into that. I'm happy, even pleasantly surprised with the results of this application and the cost paid. If one not satisfied with how it's rated, perhaps not the filter for them, If I can find them for $6-$6.75 or less I'll pick up a couple more. I use that range because it's similar to the CQ Blue I've been watching for future purchase

Wonderful shape for the 5900 rogue miles. I've been getting my Puro's at Menards, my condolences you have none, but at your price it was still a great buy. I know some of these are rated for 5k or 10k. Purolator told me if I want a 10k filter to just buy the One. Not sure if they were just spending my money. :unsure: I think so long as your running these for OEM intervals or less then no harm. This result is exactly what you'd want to see. Good pics & thanks for sharing.

Granted this link combines all three filter tiers, it has 4.5 stars out of 5 from thousands of buyers. Seeing your results I can see why.
https://www.amazon.com/Purolator-PBL14610-Single-Premium-Filter/dp/B000C6KMAK?th=1

The best info I've gleaned is 96.5%@20um. Now if folks want go on about filter size yada yada yada that's based on, I'm not into that. I'm happy, even pleasantly surprised with the results of this application and the cost paid. If one not satisfied with how it's rated, perhaps not the filter for them, If I can find them for $6-$6.75 or less I'll pick up a couple more. I use that range because it's similar to the CQ Blue I've been watching for future purchase

That is a very respectable rating for an entry level filter. Again, looks great I’m impressed.

Back