M1 0W-40 2005 Mercedes Benz C230, 13000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't going to get into the RS thing. There it's hard to determine ..as in from our view..just how those valve deposits would have worked out if factory rec's had been adhered to. Those that have are in limited number ..while short changers are in abundance. The valve deposits are surely part of some volatility component, but with someone introducing "new oil" at a relatively highly elevated level, it's hard to determine if the nasty accumulations are due to some design flaw or a failure to adhere to the prescribed maintenance schedule.

That is, whatever gets altered in M1 0w-40 ..and something like the Helix Ultra's that, in HU's case may be 2 or 3 grades and be considered normal, is being "force fed". I still haven't had the door closed on this ..or if it has, I've missed it.

Let me see if I can say this right. Someone does a 5k UOA and sees all the nasty Fe and whatnot ..all the shearing and all the fuel. It looks like stink ..gets changed.

Suppose that's just fine for continued use as Audi factored ..all the way to the end of the OEM specified limits? I don't think this has ever been considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back