Lucas Oil Products Red N Tacky Grease Discontinued

I called Lucas today to ask and I was told no greases have been discontinued of the four HD greases and the light duty white lithium it is just a materials problem they hope to have fixed soon as he did say that HD grease is out of stock almost everywhere but it will be back

@Dianna do you have a farm store or Walmart close by? I’m guessing you would have better luck and better prices on grease.

My Farm & Fleet was full of grease when I was there 2 weeks ago. I’ve switched to Mystik red with good success so far.

Just my $0.02

Grease plants burning down seems to be an excuse I get from Chevron also.
I have the impression Chevron made that up - Richmond, CA is their main lube plant IIRC, Louisiana is where their Oronite business is based out of. I would definitely hear it if something was to happen there.

Yesterday (03/08/2024) I called Lucas and had a nice conversation with the head technical service guy. He told me there are a couple key ingredients in green HD grease they have not been able to get for over 2 years and now all stock everywhere has been used up. He said the ingredients SHOULD be available by mid summer and once they have them all shifts will be working OT to get it produced and shipped. He said they hope to start seeing it back in stores August/ September 2024.

As for Red-n-tacky, he said no problems there and recommended it as a substitute for their green.

IMPORTANT NOTE: He said their green is a "Polyurea" based grease and IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ANY GREASE THAT IS NOT ALSO POLYUREA.

Also important, he said most other companies green grease is NOT Polyurea, so not compatible.

His recommendation is if you can not find another Polyurea grease then you need to purge as much of it out of your components as possible with your new choice of grease.

I plan to pump in red/tacky until I feel like most of the green is gone. Then I'm going to be re-greasing every few thousand miles with just a couple pumps to help get the green out. A real shame because I really like the green but can't wait 6 months, and I'll probably never go back because it is to much trouble.

Back