Lucas CJ-4 15W40 Synthetic, 144 quarts, $133 delivered; Zoro

Anyone actually gotten this yet? How does it show up at your door? 12 cases (of 12 bottles each)? Is anyone getting the 20% discount by signing up for emails? I signed up but have only gotten 10% offers so far. If I can get the 20% I'll probably do it even though my wife may literally kill me. Any way to know how long this will last?

Anyone actually gotten this yet? How does it show up at your door? 12 cases (of 12 bottles each)? Is anyone getting the 20% discount by signing up for emails? I signed up but have only gotten 10% offers so far. If I can get the 20% I'll probably do it even though my wife may literally kill me. Any way to know how long this will last?
Zoro says it ships in 19 days. With this being posted 8 days ago, I don't think anyone has received it yet, so it's all an unknown. A carrier probably won't bring you a single box with 144quarts in it, so I'd expect multiple larger boxes with a 2-4 cases in each. Again, just guessing.

As for the discount code, I didn't have one handy. I just Googled Zoro discount codes and found a 20% that worked.

My order has a February 2 ship date. As stated previously Zoro customer service confirmed the listing is for 144 quarts. I was able to apply a 20% discount. I have not been able to apply a discount since then.

Sam

It's incredibly suspicious that it's twelve of a twelve pack or six of a six pack in the other thread.

Why are the numbers always the same, ie 12/12 or 6/6? Because this is classic Zoro/Grainger. Their system struggles with products that start in multi-packs and then they break them up.

Now, if it said you're getting FIVE packs of SIX or something, that'd be more interesting because that'd be deliberate and not a coincidental product description error.

And again, I really hope I'm wrong and have to eat my words. But I'm not ordering because I'm convinced it'll be a waste of time. Maybe I'm missing a great deal, but I don't think so

I'm buying as well, just waiting on a 20% off code. Seems you need to have something in your cart to get one. Just added it. I did receive a 15% off today which gets it down to $133 but I"m holding out for the 20% which would get it down to $125. Rakuten also has an additional 8% cash back today. Unlikely I get a 20% off code today though. I searched on Google fairly extensively and coudln't find a 20% off code that works.

Reactions: D60
I'm buying as well, just waiting on a 20% off code. Seems you need to have something in your cart to get one. Just added it. I did receive a 15% off today which gets it down to $133 but I"m holding out for the 20% which would get it down to $125. Rakuten also has an additional 8% cash back today. Unlikely I get a 20% off code today though. I searched on Google fairly extensively and coudln't find a 20% off code that works.
There is a 20% code floating the interwebs i used, but it required the cart to have a 150+ mini order

There is a 20% code floating the interwebs i used, but it required the cart to have a 150+ mini order
I had a total cart value of $156 with this oil and no coupon so I should meet that. Nothing I found worked. Feel free to PM it to me if you desire. If not, NBD. I would be fine adding another $25 to get the after code up to $150 if maybe that is how it works?

2.5 gals of Rotella is ~19.5 lbs. So, for easy math call it roughly 2lbs per qt.

Thus, my math says 144 qts will be 288#

Even with a killer UPS account I don't see how Grainger comes out of this with any skin?
20240117_131720.jpg

2.5 gals of Rotella is ~19.5 lbs. So, for easy math call it roughly 2lbs per qt.

Thus, my math says 144 qts will be 288#

Even with a killer UPS account I don't see how Grainger comes out of this with any skin?View attachment 198956

When I placed my order, the 55 gallon drum was already prepped. I'm expecting extreme disappointment though similar to the walmart Mobil 1 thread. So far Zoro ecommerce management is still asleep at the wheel and their CS folks do not care.

So looking through the Lucas Oil products on the Zoro website there are a bunch of similar deals to this. Packs of 6, 12, or 24 for what appears to be the price of only one. Like the Slick Mist Quick Wax Marine is $11.49/Pack of 12. So only $0.96 each. There are quite a few others like this. Seems way too good to be true.

Here is ATF for only $2.16/quart.

144 Bottles of Dot 3 Brake Fluid for only 42 cents each

Thoughts?

So looking through the Lucas Oil products on the Zoro website there are a bunch of similar deals to this. Packs of 6, 12, or 24 for what appears to be the price of only one. Like the Slick Mist Quick Wax Marine is $11.49/Pack of 12. So only $0.96 each. There are quite a few others like this. Seems way too good to be true.

Thoughts?
I think D60 nailed it:
It's incredibly suspicious that it's twelve of a twelve pack or six of a six pack in the other thread.

Why are the numbers always the same, ie 12/12 or 6/6? Because this is classic Zoro/Grainger. Their system struggles with products that start in multi-packs and then they break them up.

Now, if it said you're getting FIVE packs of SIX or something, that'd be more interesting because that'd be deliberate and not a coincidental product description error.

And again, I really hope I'm wrong and have to eat my words. But I'm not ordering because I'm convinced it'll be a waste of time. Maybe I'm missing a great deal, but I don't think so
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is…that didn’t stop me from placing an order though

Hope springs eternal

Thoughts?
OTOH AutoZone did blow out their bottles of Lucas DOT3 almost exactly a year ago. I bought a bunch ‐- I think it was around $2.50/bottle?

But that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Could just be they didn't sell well and AutoZone wanted the shelf space for something else.

Right now I'm still waiting for a 20% off coupon, or someone to get their shipment and post up to confirm it is real before I pull the trigger. But man I'm not opposed to spending a LOT on this stuff if I can get it for what these insane prices seem to be. So far people have called and this oil seems to be real so I'm not sure why the other identical deals just different products would be any different.

I wonder how much luck I would have reselling some of this stuff if I did buy a bunch of it?

While I'm not trying to be doom & gloom the signs are pointing to just x12 1 quart bottles. Just thinking out loud & sometimes these work out in our favor. We shall see come Feb.?

Reactions: D60
I placed an order and am confident it will work out well.

For Lucas Oil Synthetic SAE 15W-40 (Mfr #10298, Zoro #G203505460) it says:
$13.05/pk 12, $1.09/ea
Sold in multiples of 12 for $156.60
Their math is fine.
$156.60 / 12 = $13.05
$13.05 / 12 = $1.0875

Same thing for Lucas Oil Dot 3 Brake Fluid (Mfr #10825, Zoro #G403528672) it says:
$5.05/pk 12, $0.42/ea
Sold in multiples of 12 for $60.60
Again their math is fine.
$60.60 / 12 = $5.05
$5.05 / 12 = $0.4208333333333333

Back