lubro moly moS2 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won't charge to order, I have done it many times for no extra price. Unless their policy has changed in the last 6 months, you should be good to go!

I like to try Lubro Moly MOS2 but I have too many VSOT I bought few years ago, with the current rate of use it will lasted me 5-6 years. The other problem is a Napa nearest to my house is more than 12 miles away, driving there to get a can of Lubro Moly MOS2 is not very convenience. Otherwise, the cost of a can of MOS2 is only $4.xx for an OCI of 12-13k/12mo is less than 0.1 penny a mile.

Generally, I call and tell them to order for me at no cost. I pay when I (eventually) show up there after a day or two or next week.

What ends up happening is when I go there and pick up my order, I ask him if he has any more and he usually tells me "NO". Then I tell him to order more. I have done this cycle too many times!

- Vikas

I have ordered stuff from NAPA around lunch and they have had it delivered from the warehouse by 4 that afternoon.
They don't charge for delivery.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Online ordering is always an option.

True, but it costs a lot more than NAPA price, it you are buying 1-2 bottles because shipping will kill you.

Not much,maybe a minuscule mileage increase and black oil.
The Psychological effects are reported to be nothing short of amazing,a genuine genie in a bottle.

Don't get me wrong at one time the additional moly may have helped a good bit but with today's high tech oil formulations i believe it offers very little additional performance in a quality motor oil.

Much of the testing done by the German TUV was done years ago using old spec 15w-40 dino,so yes there were significant improvements.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Steve S
What exactly does this stuff really [supposed to]do?

FWIW, My car ran -amazingly smooth- on a half a can of Mos2. Feeling incomplete, I added the other half a can, 500 miles later. Both times on hot engine. No noticeable improvement over adding the second half of the can, and it did make the oil almost rust-colored (perhaps it displaced rust?) .. However, this additive made the engine run its smoothest. I also added it to MaxLife 20W-50, and plan on doing so again, once i get my car straightened out.

Basically, this is better than anything i have ever put in my oil, including MMO. I always thought adding MMO qould be counterproductive, however, one of the quarts from here on out after my double-dose ARXing will be MMO, and a half a can of this product every 4000 mile OC, maybe 1/3 the second OCI, its potent stuff.

All this talk about the MoS2 piqued my curiousity. My NAPA never stocks anything fun so I went on-line to see what was available. Sure enough, the LM MoS2 was listed and priced at $4.29 per 300ml bottle (10oz). So I picked a store to have it delivered to and ordered 3 bottles. This was on thursday night around 9 PM. I got a phone call the next morning at 7:30 am telling my order would be at the store by noon. Wow! and the price was not one cent higher than I expected. I was impressed and happy to now have a source for several LM products.

I immediately poured 6 ounces into my old Nissan truck with 205,000 miles on it. Afte rabout 30 miles (my commute to work is close to 30 miles) I noticed a very definite change in smoothness. The dashboard used to chatter horribly above 4,000 RPM. This has completely disappeared. I don't know how long this will last but I have 3 bottles to play with. I'll change my oil in about 1,000 miles and then I'll add another 6 oz to my new oil and see how it goes.

Thanks for the NAPA tip guys!

It is strange that Lubro Moly OILS have very little or none of the Lubro Moly additive in them.
Actually, very little of ANY type of Moly. They are superb oils, but this is very odd to me.

This is my first tank of NON AC use with Lubro Moly additive [suburban driving].
The mileage is ridiculously great, and the engine is really strong.

It is strange that Lubro Moly OILS have very little or none of the Lubro Moly additive in them.
Actually, very little of ANY type of Moly. They are superb oils, but this is very odd to me.

This is my first tank of NON AC use with Lubro Moly additive [suburban driving].

I use Lubro Moly 10w40 and it specfically stated the it has Mos2 in it. Primary reason I purchased it after uning Mos2 additive in my previous fill.

Is this because of the non A/C use?

Can I buy bleached version of Moly? OK, I am half kidding but I always felt bad putting the dark colored goop in my oil.

- Vikas

Russel - Go look at the amount of moly in you Lubro Moly oil. It is not much. Nowhere near what they recommend with their additive.
It is very fine oil - no doubt. I am not against it.

SteveS - Yes. AC use was almost constant for a few months around here. So MPG was down and tough to compare.
BUT... I know this car very well, and it should not be at a rate of about 38+ now. 32-34 would be about normal.

BTW, butt dyno results exceed what a car wash/wax usually provide!

Last edited:
Russel - Go look at the amount of moly in you Lubro Moly oil. It is not much. Nowhere near what they recommend with their additive.
It is very fine oil - no doubt. I am not against it.

SteveS - Yes. AC use was almost constant for a few months around here. So MPG was down and tough to compare.
BUT... I know this car very well, and it should not be at a rate of about 38+ now. 32-34 would be about normal.

BTW, butt dyno results exceed what a car wash/wax usually provide!

Ok will check for Mos2 level in the Lubro Moly oil. if low I may add more! :) That said, how can i tell what level is low?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back