Luberclean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of a FleetGuard product for big rigs. A filter that uses centrifugal force to spin the oil and separate solids from it.

Centrifugal force does work to clean and separate water from oil. One of my first duties as a USN Machinist Mate was to clean this centrifugal oil cleaner and water separator made by DeLaval. Yes just like the cream separators.

The machine worked and it was the only form of filtration used for our reduction gear oil.

Neil,

I'll bet those reduction gears also had a strainer with magnets. You should see the AlfaLaval self-cleaning centrifuges for heavy fuel oil for diesels...manually clean them them every six months...takes a chain hoist to lift the parts.

I looked at that Luberclean page. Interesting how little they say....

Ken

[ December 16, 2002, 10:47 PM: Message edited by: Ken2 ]

They say the factory filter should be changed according to factory schedule. Wonder why if this is such a good filter. Also, changing OEM filter would mean constantly adding make-up oil. Not enough info there.

Managed to find this on a google search

PUREOIL

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

Automotive, 0259- PUREOIL – Oil Purifying unit for combustion engines, USA, Utah $1

Pureoil has developed a purifying unit small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and mounts between the engine and stock oil filter on an internal combustion engine.

The oil flows through the PUREOIL unit and the filter in the same manner as if just the factory filter was in place. The oil to be purified is diverted to the unit through the use of a simple metering system, which metering system slows the flow of oil through the oil purifier to a rate of two gallons per hour for an automotive unit, or 8 gallons per hour for a commercial truck unit. This slow rate is necessary for the second stage of the process. The second stage removes the volatile contaminates in the oil. This proprietary oil purifying process is very similar to those used by large refineries for preparation of oils for general use. The Oil Purifying Chamber is evenly and thoroughly heated by the hot engine oil, thereby efficiently utilizing the already heated oil to assist in the evaporation of the volatile from within the oil. The volatile vapors are quickly vented through the vapor vent while the purified oil returns to the engine.

This process assures continuously clean oil delivered to the engine, which maintains the oil in a pure state, virtually eliminates oil changes, and greatly reduces engine wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back