lube control to prevent sludge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright would this product work well in a sludge proned engine (2.7 dodge). I have done an auto rx teatmeant. Would really like to run a sythetic in this engine to combat the heat. I was wondering how long I could go safely on mobil 1 with lc. My main goal would be to prevent sludge. dyno and maintane of auto rx is an option, but I would like to look at all options.

quote:

Originally posted by lcd:
jessealan,

By using BOTH LC and FP you will remove sludge and varnish from your engine.

We have customers who are using all kinds of synthetics with LC and FP 10,000+.

Do a search over on the UOA forum. WE strongly advise you use Dyson Analysis and have your situation custumized.

Jeff

I understand how using LC could remove sludge and continue to prevent new sludge from forming. How does Fuel Power, which is added to the fuel tank, aide in removing sludge?
dunno.gif
It doesn't sound logical to me.

[/qb][/QUOTE]I understand how using LC could remove sludge and continue to prevent new sludge from forming. How does Fuel Power, which is added to the fuel tank, aide in removing sludge?
dunno.gif
It doesn't sound logical to me. [/QB][/QUOTE]

mikep,

The use of FP will help the ring seal and chamber seal to reduce "blowby" hence less deposits.

I am not sure about the sludge removal part.

jessealan,

As for maintenance doses of auto rx, the lube control is more cost effective for maintenance during the oil use interval. In my humble opinion, auto rx is better used for 25K-30K mile clean out with dino oil.

I believe that the lube control can help you extend your drain intervals with Mobil 1. Schaeffer's #132 EP additive can be used as well with LC since M1's additive package is okay but not great. Do a search for "molabrew" for more info.

[ September 15, 2004, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: John in the ATL ]

As Odis told me today, what happens in your combustion chamber effects what ends up in your oil. If there are deposits in your combustion chamber, or it's completely burning the fuel mixture more contaminants could get into your oil. Maybe the effect is not to the extent of LC in the oil, but there very well may be an effect.

-T

jessealan,

By using BOTH LC and FP you will remove sludge and varnish from your engine.

We have customers who are using all kinds of synthetics with LC and FP 10,000+.

Do a search over on the UOA forum. WE strongly advise you use Dyson Analysis and have your situation custumized.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back