Lube Control and Auto-RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto-rx is designed to remove sludge from your engine, and seems to recondition seals. LC is a cleanser, but is more effective as an antioxidant additive.

IMHO,They both have similar cleaning abilities.AutoRx has a better transport medium for the "dirt" than LC.
I use both products. For nasty sludge,Rx seems to be the choice.
For normal service,Lc is the ticket.If you suspect sludge is present,short-change your oil filter during the first run of LC.

Mark

They don't do the same thing. Auto-Rx is a true metal cleaner using ecological safe chemistry to clean oil lubricated rotating parts, Auto-Rx does not change viscosity or petroleum chemistry of your oil.LC is an additive to your existing oil.Auto-Rx will make any oil or oil additive perform better after engine is clean.

Rick20
Member # 196

posted October 30, 2003 09:38 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Piston ring packs are an area that a good cleaner is needed, regardless of how clean you think your motor is. I find this to be the single most important benefit from using a top quality engine cleaner. Clean cylinder walls and clean rings will keep alot of problems away.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 106 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2002 | IP: Logged |

Rick20
Member # 196

posted October 31, 2003 02:43 PM
No don't do it. Your question falls in the dreaded catagory of people who think: If a little is good more must be better. Not he case. ARX emulsifies into your host oil, and works at a level that the host oil can carry. Your host oil won't carry the double dose. There is a safe margin above the prescribed application, but trust me its not double. Don't do it. Take your time cleaning your motor. It didn't get dirty overnight. Don't think you can clean it overnight.
Posts: 108 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Jul 2002 | IP: Logged |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back