Anybody know about "Xtended Auto" used car warranty?

Also at the risk of being preachy and telling OP how to live his life and handle his finances, I really do think you're ahead to follow something like a Dave Ramsey plan and build an emergency fund.

Maybe it goes to vehicle repairs, maybe it goes to a failed water heater or furnace. It's fungible.

Since you have to ask about this policy, it's probably built to take your money and give it to them.

I am far from perfect with my finances, so no judgment either way.

A local car dealer has TV ad's that say, any vehicle you get from them has a life time warranty. In this case it may be okay, since your not paying a monthly fee for it. It would be nice to know more about it though, and how many loop holes exist.

Reactions: D60
A local car dealer has TV ad's that say, any vehicle you get from them has a life time warranty. In this case it may be okay, since your not paying a monthly fee for it. It would be nice to know more about it though, and how many loop holes exist.

I would be happy to be the "House" and offer a lifetime engine warranty on every used car that I sell that strands you with the following exclusions: leaks-gaskets, electrical (alternator, starter, etc), coolant system, and you must have receipts for oil change every 7,000 months or 6 months.

I don't have any data about engine failures with those conditions, but my gut reaction is that I'd come out ahead even with those basic requirements.

Back