low cost sinks? not electronic but consumer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to get a new drop in stainless steel kitchen and faucet set, preferably with a 9" or more deep ss sink.These mount from the top down to fit my counter. Looking for decent quality, not just the basic stuff. Any suggestions as where to look? Thanks!

I'm a fan of Kohler sinks and fixtures but there are others. You're looking for a "self-rimming" sink.

I recommend you find a plumbing supply, such as Fergusons, to look for stuff like this. They are usually around the same price or cheaper when you compare the same products and you'll talk to someone who knows their products.

I have had good luck in 2 homes with elkay sinks in the better grades .I traded a laptop I bought for $5 for a new in the box sink I found on craigslist(divorce special). The faucet was a new Blanco rado i got off ebay for $90 . The disposal was an insinkerator 3/4 horse stainless inside from habitat for humanity restore. My total was $144 for stuff that would retail for about $850.
The point I am making is that between c-list and ebay you can avoid the big box stores and their markups. I have seen an $800 blanco sink at a garage sale for $100. Take a little time and you can get some great stuff on the cheap like I did. The nice part is that both companies have lifetime warranties as does price phister and moen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back